Camelbak Elixir?

Options
I picked up a tube, Im cautious to try it though. Even in my 12 mile runs I've never used any sort of product (I eat a Lara bar). Are they safe? No caffeine, so I would assume so? It's like Gatorade but better right? Anyone have any feedback on it? TIA

Replies

• sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I've not tried it, but I have used other gels (normally Leppin).
    You want to make sure you drink PLENTY of water with them.
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    I can't comment on the efficacy, but I was definitely NOT impressed by the taste. I picked up a tube for a specific instance where I was doing a trail run in high heat and very low humidity with no waypoints to refill and wanted to be SURE I was replacing salts I sweated out... I did end up with mild heartburn but no cramping or other ill effects, the taste, however, makes it something I would not use again except in a similar situation.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    ohhh :( I'm running 12 tonight, I was going to try it out. Eh, not impressed with the taste? That scares me :laugh: Maybe I'll mix it in a bottle and taste it before I put it in my camelbak. I've never used the gels before, I don't do well with caffeine or other stimulants of the like so I try to stay clear. Are there any that don't have some sort of stimulant/caffeine or energy boost int hem that are worth a try?
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I like Leppin Squeezys - they're just complex carbs, salts & potassium.

You're meat to just eat the gel though, then have a big drink of plain water, not mix it in your bak.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sara, I'll have to give that a try next go around. So far, I like my camelbak elixir, I mix twice the amount of water for one tablet than it says. It tastes like watered down lemonade. Which is fine cause I don't like sweet. :)