P90X workout

Options
2»

Replies

• johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    They're only ranting because then they don't make money off of you if you buy from Amazon or Craigslist or something instead.

*end of my rant*

Probably or just being an annoying forum troll.

First of all my rant has nothing to do with making a penny. It has to do with people who buy it from those other sites and then either complain that it didn't come with everything it was suppose to, complain when one of the discs doesn't work, or complain when they don't get the results that they thought they would because they didn't follow the program as designed because it didn't come with everything.

As far as being a troll, I have been here at mfp quite a while and have built up a reputation of being someone who is helpful and has made a lot of friends. I am merely starting my opinion. This is a discussion forum is it not?

Purchased from Amazon P90X comes with all materials - same as if purchased from Beach Body. BUT, if you purchase from the Amazon marketplace beware! You may get it cheap but you may get bootleg copies, get shorted on the materials, etc. BIG difference in Amazon purchase and purchase from Amazon marketplace!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Stoooo you really came off poorly in this thread. I say congrats to thebodach1 for getting the program, and committing to doing it.

And Amazon is a legitimate retailer which sells the full program with all the discs and documentation in a sealed package, the same as if you got it directly from Beachbody. Not really a shortcut IMO....... and FYI to thebodach1, it looks like it's the same price either way.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    The benefit I saw of buying directly from BeachBody was the Extra DVD's I received. These have been priceless to me. My P90X came with UML and Fountain of Youth DVD's from the One-on-One Collections. I have used these a bunch. With my Insanity, I also received Fast and Furious. These are not something that come with the Amazon purchase, and I don't know if they can be purchased elsewhere. I'd pay the extra and get those DVD as I have used them many many times and had great benefits to having them.

IMO - the bottom line is the program is a great program. I'm against copying someone's disks because it is illegal. But if you buy from a vendor that can legally sell them - and Amazon days the supplier is Beach Body - then go for it. You'll be happy you got the program.

And in defense of Stoo - he's always been more then helpful in many areas of fitness and the post I'm sure just touched an issue close to his heart.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Also can be found for a little less on ebay sometimes, just be careful. There are plenty of people selling the complete program but not all do.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    The benefit I saw of buying directly from BeachBody was the Extra DVD's I received. These have been priceless to me. My P90X came with UML and Fountain of Youth DVD's from the One-on-One Collections. I have used these a bunch. With my Insanity, I also received Fast and Furious. These are not something that come with the Amazon purchase, and I don't know if they can be purchased elsewhere. I'd pay the extra and get those DVD as I have used them many many times and had great benefits to having them.

IMO - the bottom line is the program is a great program. I'm against copying someone's disks because it is illegal. But if you buy from a vendor that can legally sell them - and Amazon days the supplier is Beach Body - then go for it. You'll be happy you got the program.

And in defense of Stoo - he's always been more then helpful in many areas of fitness and the post I'm sure just touched an issue close to his heart.

Thank you for the defense. It was not my intention to come off so poorly. Yes as a matter of fact this is something that bothered me, so maybe I should explain and not just rant. As most of you have probably figured out I am a Team Beachbody Coach. A friend of mine contacted me about P90X had me send him a ton of information, I even went as far as lending him my disks so he could get a taste. After about a week he dropped them back off at my house and said he loved the work outs and was going to buy them from me.

Two weeks later I write him, because I didn't see his order in my back office and I like to check on my customers orders. I also like to follow up with them to see if they have any questions. He tells me "sorry I didn't buy it from you, I bought it from Amazon marketplace". Funny thing was it still hadn't arrived yet. Had he ordered through me he would have had this already. But wait there is more. A week later he writes me saying that his didn't come with any guides, and one of the discs wasn't working. Would I be willing to make him a copy of my material and the one non-working disc. When I told him that I am not allowed to do that, he began trashing me, p90x and beachbody all over facebook. Saying that we are all just money hungry scam artist. That the program didn't work and that one of their "coaches" didn't help him when he asked for it.

Anyway it doesn't excuse my response to the op's question, but that is why I get so defensive when people talk about buying from other sources. Heck I wouldn't have cared if he bought directly from Beachbody.com (and I wouldn't have made a dime). I've had friends who asked me for info, do just that.
  • jconnon
    Options
    Great explanation.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Great explanation.

Is that sarcasim? Hard to tell on here.
  • jconnon
    Options
    No, I meant that I thought it was a good explanation. I understand where your coming from.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    No, I meant that I thought it was a good explanation. I understand where your coming from.

OK thanks...
  • johnwhitent
    Options
    Stooooo I'm glad you explained your position more thoroughly. I completely understand your reaction to people criticizing P90X or Beach Body based on problems caused elsewhere. I am particularly glad that you specified that the one particular problem that you encountered was from Amazon marketplace, not Amazon direct.

I have had superb experience with Amazon and purchased P90X at the regular retail price there and got all the materials in original packaging, etc. But some people pay as little as half of the normal price through the Amazon marketplace and get bootleg copies and such. It is unfortunate that many people don’t specify (or know) the difference.

I am a huge fan of Amazon; according to their records I have made almost 900 purchases there, and I have never had a bad experience. So I am defensive of Amazon. But Amazon marketplace is another matter. Buyer beware! You are just not going to get the real thing for half price or less. There are many unscrupulous sellers trying to rip people off. Anyway, you clearly understand the difference and I wish more people did. I will defend Amazon and recommend them as a quality seller of many things, including P90X. But Amazon marketplace is not the place to get P90X.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Stooooo I'm glad you explained your position more thoroughly. I completely understand your reaction to people criticizing P90X or Beach Body based on problems caused elsewhere. I am particularly glad that you specified that the one particular problem that you encountered was from Amazon marketplace, not Amazon direct.

I have had superb experience with Amazon and purchased P90X at the regular retail price there and got all the materials in original packaging, etc. But some people pay as little as half of the normal price through the Amazon marketplace and get bootleg copies and such. It is unfortunate that many people don’t specify (or know) the difference.

I am a huge fan of Amazon; according to their records I have made almost 900 purchases there, and I have never had a bad experience. So I am defensive of Amazon. But Amazon marketplace is another matter. Buyer beware! You are just not going to get the real thing for half price or less. There are many unscrupulous sellers trying to rip people off. Anyway, you clearly understand the difference and I wish more people did. I will defend Amazon and recommend them as a quality seller of many things, including P90X. But Amazon marketplace is not the place to get P90X.

Thanks John. I appreciate that. I will say that buying through Amazon you don't get the free bonus work out that you get when you buy from a coach.. LOL Just had to throw that in there...:wink:
  • johnwhitent
    Options
    Good one Stooooo