NSV- Self perception

Options
Sarahr73
Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
I have been doing this for a little over a month now and even though my body weight hasn't changed all that much, the way I see myself has. I just used the restroom at work and we have a huge mirror in the ladies room so we can make sure we look pretty all day long. Normally I wouldn't want to look at myself and if I did I would think "my thighs are fat" or " I have food baby really bad today". When I walked past, I stopped and my first thought was "hmmm...I'm looking good. My thighs seem slimmer and my wiast is more defined".
Now, my man would tell me it's always been that way. He kept telling I looked how I see myself now...and now I believe him. I still want to reach my goal weight, but I like feeling better about myself. It makes me want to try harder to get to my goal so I can feel REALLY good about myself.

Replies

• TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Whilst you may may not have lost much body weight, you've probably lost a lot of inches. Personally, that's what I think we should all be focusing on rather than weight. I heard somewhere that muscle weighs something like twice as much as fat of the same volume so it could be you're losing fat and gaining muscle, which will make your body smaller where you want it to be smaller and more defined.
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    woohoo, congrats girl!! we seem to have similar stats (though I don't know how tall you are), and I'm right with ya there... a few pounds really does make a difference, especially mentally! keep it up! =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!