Going over on carbs?

Options
I always seem to go over on carbs. Is this a big deal? I'm within my limits on calories, fat, etc, but I have a hard time with carbs? any suggestions?

Replies

• FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    I always seem to go over on carbs. Is this a big deal? I'm within my limits on calories, fat, etc, but I have a hard time with carbs? any suggestions?
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    replace your carbs with high fiber carbs if your worried.. If you are not worried then eat as you are... I find less fat in High fiber low calorie breads pastas and cereals.... carbs are esstentail for fuel so you may be fine if your active too....:bigsmile:
  • gaylejones
    gaylejones Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Carbs are essential for fuel, but if you make sure the carbs you eat have some fiber in them, then that fuel will burn slower and last longer. Your energy level will stay more evened out. If you eat a lot of carbs but not much fiber, then your fuel will burn faster, and your energy will bottom out. You'll find that you feel much better eating high fiber carbs.
  • deneuve39
    deneuve39 Posts: 27
    Options
    Yeah I'm over on carbs too but I try and follow a low-glucose diet, so my carbs usually come from Luna Bars and fruit.
  • Thrust
    Thrust Posts: 63 Member
    Options

If you're striving for fat loss research shows that low-carb/high-protein/high-fat diets are superior in sparing lean mass during hypocaloric (reduced calorie) diets. As well, such diets have been associated with improved cardiovascular health. So, try to eat fewer carbs and more protein/fat.