Need some help

Sam_power
Sam_power Posts: 4
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
I started using myfitnesspal at the beginning of January and since that time have exercised at least three times a week (I swim 20-50min) and I've kept within my calorie count. And I have no lost a single pound. The three pounds I lost at the beginning, I've gained back. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Suggestions?

Replies

• nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    are you doing the same workout every time? are you eating the same foods over and over? our bodies NEED variety when it comes to food and exercise!!!! try adding more fiber and water to your diet!
    Good LUCK!!!:tongue:
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    My guess would be that you're losing fat but gaining muscle. Have you been measuring yourself to see if you're losing inches?
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    It would be easier to help and make suggestions if you had your food and exercise diaries open so we could see them.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    It took me over 3 months to start losing...ask my older friends on here, I was losing my marbles...but once my body realized I wasn't joking, I started shedding the weight. I lost about 1 lb a month and I work out at least 3 times a week. Trust me, your body is traumatized! it's storing fat just in case you are in a famine. Once it realizes that you're still feeding it and exercising to HELP it not starve it, you'll start shedding. (Weird how I always talk about your body like has it's own entity, but it does lol)
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    I was thinking that you are gaining muscle also--which is a good thing, because it means you are getting more fit. Did you take any measurements? Are your clothes feeling looser? If you feel like you are toning your muscles and getting trimmer--just keep doing what you are doing. If not, perhaps you want to cut back slightly on your calories, and make sure that you are entering everything honestly and correctly.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. Variety is probably a good one. I'm low on fibre and water!
    And I don't vary my workouts a lot, they've just become more intense. I should maybe go to the gym instead of swimming all the time.

How do you measure yourself? Just with a regular tape measure?

Keep em coming!
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    i just use a scale and my clothing to measure myself...others use a tape measure!
This discussion has been closed.