Going over !

Options
Hi all,
Im still very new to all of this but really am excited and so pleased with all the support you people have to give !!!!
As im learning something new everyday...today I have a question about going over on your amount of sodium...the last days been going very good for me as in my excercise and eating habits but then on my daily reports I have been under my calories both days but been over on sodium and also some other but sodium being the main one over....do anyone have any tips for me on this ? Will this prevent me from losing weight? Any recipes maybe or food tips on how to try and keep this under !!! Please help...am very worried about this,im working so hard for my excercise and drinking my waters n keeping under my calories but am worried about this bit of going over ...THanks in advance :)

Replies

• Shadbad
    Shadbad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i would think a little extra water should help.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Are you eating a lot of prepackaged foods? Most have very high sodium content compared to an identical food which is fresh, or made from fresh ingredients.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Don't eat processed foods and don't add salt to your foods. When I don't eat processed foods I can keep my sodium between 1500mg and 2000mg. Excess sodium will make your body retain water, which will affect the number on the scale. Also, make sure to be under your carb and fat goals. Both carbs and fat are primarily used for energy and if you eat more at one time than your body needs for energy the excess will be stored as fat. Make sure to avoid carbs later in the day and don't eat them within three hours of bedtime. Carbs make the body release insulin, which prevents the body from burning fat.
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks all for ur help...Will definately be looking at what im eating more closely!