121 Lbs lost in 11 months.....

Options
2»

Replies

• 100poundstolose
    Options
    How did you do that?!?!?!
    I'm trying to lose 100lbs in a year. This could help me!!!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, your body has different needs. A 200-lb body doesn't need nearly as much energy as a 300-lb body (congrats, BTW, that's awesome!). You figured out how to work your 300-lb metabolism to make it burn fat, now you need to start all over with your 200-lb metabolism. You've changed the ratio of muscle-to-fat in your body, that's why people hit plateaus & stop losing, 'cause they don't realize they need to adjust to their new needs. A good doctor can analyze your metabolism & give you some ideas.

Everyone's body is different, but I would recommend cutting back on carbs (nothing drastic, just reduce whatever your current level is) and making sure you eat/drink something with protein every few hours. That will keep your metabolism on an even keel, and ensure that your body isn't burning the protein from your muscles. The chemical formula that burns fat in your body requires three parts fat, one part protein. So you have to provide enough protein, or the fat won't burn either.

Muscles burn more calories than fat, so the greater percentage of muscle you have, the better. If you don't eat enough protein, and your body starts taking the protein it needs from your muscles instead of from food, you'll lose muscle mass. And the more muscle you lose, the more trouble you have burning calories & losing any more weight!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your loss.......youre an inspiration to all of us crystal............Its a great feeling, isnt it? Best wishes.......Lloyd
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!