6 Fitness Tips Everyone's Heard (That Don't Work at All)

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm subscribed to Cracked.com in my Google Reader, and this article popped up today. It's an interesting read, so I thought I'd share. :)

http://www.cracked.com/article_19130_6-fitness-tips-everyones-heard-that-dont-work-at-all.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+CrackedRSS+(Cracked:+All+Posts)

(I thought this board might be the best fit for this, but if I'm wrong, my apologies!)

Replies

• TeriTee
    TeriTee Posts: 38
    Options
    Nice :) I love Cracked!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    That's hysterical! Thanks.
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed that article! Thanks for posting! :)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    It's cool, but don't necessarily agree. The author does have some other funny ones though...thank you.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I enjoy Cracked but I don't think I'm gonna make it my go-to place for fitness tips.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    Yay Cracked!
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So I hated this post.
    For starters, false claims in the title because breakfast and drinking enough water are helpful for most people including me... I'm not a male athelete. In the case of water, being dehydrated can slow your metabolism 3%... not much but also important for general well being.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I like Cracked, but that was a really dumb article.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    So I hated this post.
    For starters, false claims in the title because breakfast and drinking enough water are helpful for most people including me... I'm not a male athelete. In the case of water, being dehydrated can slow your metabolism 3%... not much but also important for general well being.

On the breakfast thing, it said it can be helpful in terms of keeping one's hunger in check; but the claim that it jump-starts your metabolism apparently doesn't have much of a backing.

As for water, it's not saying to dehydrate yourself. A more accurate reading of the study it cited is that you need around 64 oz of water from every source throughout the day, including water, juice, milk, sauces, peanuts, even crackers. The Cracked article is addressing the idea people have that you must drink half a gallon of water ON TOP of your food (and other beverage) intake.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! Yeah I don't agree with some of it but it's rather funny.:laugh: