A lifetime commitment!

Options
Hi name is Tasha,
I am 27 years old and have battled with weight for ever but now more after i had my son and that was 4 years ago. I am stuck in that vicious cycle of dieting, losing then gaining. So now instead of dieting I am eating healthy and i find that when i look at it has eating healthy i no longer get disappointed for not losing fast enough. I just ask my self that day, about this time last week how did i feel? Was i obedient to my health and did i nourish my body with good foods. And its almost always yes, wether its half obedient or 10 percent obedient. At least it was better than before, when i did nothing. So heres to a new start and good luck to anyone on this journey its hard and a lifetime commitment. I have lost 20 pounds and 50 more to go!

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Thats the perfect attitude to have!! Good luck :) sounds like you're on the right track!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Very true Tasha
    Once we start looking at our weight or health we suddenly feel this frightening need to fix it all, NOw NOw, just like going to a fast food restaurant we want our weight loss and fitness now also. You are quite correct in calling this a life long journey that begins again every day. Doing what you are doing, asking yourself if you are eating healthy every day is the way to go. Even if that means that every month you lose only 1 pound, In five short years you will be 60 lbs lighter and healthier too. Slow and steady wins this, You got your entire life ahead to get healthy. This is not a sprint.
    You shall prevail.
  • Serene4
    Serene4 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank You WolffEarl, that is very encouraging and so,so true!