First Post! ..... Quick Question!

Options
Hi,

I've been on MFP since early January and think its absolutely brilliant :) (thanks MFP)

So far well on the way to 2 1/2 stone down after sneaking on mega poundage following a knee injury.

I'm currently set at approx. 1480 calories a day by MFP in order to lose 1-2 pounds per week (I'm actually losing just over 3 on average!),

I just wanted to know if any members knew what kind of calories I should be taking in upon reaching my goal weight? I'm finding the current goals set easy to meet or exceed at the moment and am looking at using MFP after reaching goal:happy: to keep myself in check, I just was wondering for future reference.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Typically you eat your BMR... what your body burns on a daily basis to stay alive. Go to Tools and click Basic Metabolic Rate. It's usually that, plus or minus a few for maintenance. Or you could just go to goals and change it to "maintain" and see what it says for you just to see!

PS - the BMR will be different once you get to your goal weight, however because you'll be in better shape and health.
  • Mojave69
    Mojave69 Posts: 40
    Options
    Nice one Arielle!,

Thanks for the info! I'll check that out now,

Good luck with reaching your own target,

Thanks

Scott