New to myfitness pal

Options
I just started myfitness pal yesterday-- loaded it on to my iPhone first, then accessed it on my laptop. Great site! I am excited!
I need/want to lose 60 pounds, so I am here for the long haul. It is SO helpful to have my daily calorie allotment predetermined, and it is fabulous to track everything I eat. This will keep me honest! Love it! I am excited to see all the success so many of you have had! Keep up the good work- you are all inspiring!

Replies

• lamrengrayson
    Options
    Just thought I would take a moment to welcome you. I have been trying to lose weight since January and found myself successful and faithful at first, but things seemed to get away from me and I lost focus. I have recently come back (yesterday) and am going to start this over one day at a time. I have had a pretty good day today (not perfect) and seem to be off to a good start. Feel free to send a friend request and I will be happy to encourage you along your journey. You are starting at a weight not far from mine and wanting to lose about the same amount as me, so I had a familiarity when I saw your profile. You can do this!!! There was a time when I actually weighed much more than I do now, so I know it is a hard (but possible) journey. Let's do this together :flowerforyou:
    Michelle
  • ndoyel
    ndoyel Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey Michelle! I will send you a friend request - let's keep each other encouraged. I know how easy it is to lose focus! That happens to me, let me tell you. I am going to try to be faithful to the process. I so appreciate your encouragement! Thank you for your welcome and for sharing your story. We can do it!
  • Alisha1981
    Options
    Welcome!:smile:
  • ndoyel
    ndoyel Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you so much, Alisha!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, welcome to MFP. I have really loved it. Even when I am busy I usually come on here once a day, log my exercise and food and check how my MFPals are doing. Logging is really helpful. If I have more time I check in more since there seems to be something about supporting each other. Thanks for the friend request. Looking forward to getting to know you,
    Keri