I hate being fat!

Options
Is it normal to always feel guilty after eating anything??? I feel so bad when I eat!!

Anyone know of a good healthy diet that is easy to do...(I.E. Low Sodium, Low carb...)?

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You just need to learn to make better food choices. If you call this a diet, you are bound to not stick to it after a while. It is a lifestyle change. We didnt get out of shape and plump overnight, we can just become thin overnight either!
  • Alisha1981
    Options
    I am right there with you, it completly sucks I am either being so careful or I am going the other way and stuffing my face and hating myself.. NO fun.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've been following South Beach. The first two weeks are tough -- few carbs, but I found that this really kicked my sugar habit. Then you introduce good carbs back into your diet.
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    I am not following any "diet" am counting my calories and planning my foods better. Planning my days better as well. I now feel bad when I DON'T exercise
  • TatumSummer
    Options
    I've battled with that same feeling. Guilt.
    I'd get a craving, eat something bad, feel guilty, repeat!
    One day I wrote a note to myself to express the feeling after I ate something bad. Every time I was about to cheat on my diet I'd read the note and save myself from making a bad choice!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYs feel bad when I eat, but that's from struggling with an eating disorder for years now. As far as dieting, it's kinda something you have to figure out for yourself. You have to find one that goes along with your goal, are you looking to lose weight, get in shape, gain muscle, a combination, etc. For me, I want to lose weight and tone the muscle I have, so I have lowered my calorie intake and upped my workout time.
  • ekbwk
    ekbwk Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't call what I'm doing a "diet". I'm just counting calories. I've changed the way I eat a bit and when I eat, but for the most part, I've just added exercise and counted calories. If your working out, don't feel guilty. If your hungry, eat, log it, workout.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I agree, this is a lifestyle change. I was put on a low glycemic index "diet" in august because of my insulin resistance issues and I have lost 40 pounds just doing that until now. But this is not a diet, it is a definite change in eating habits, portion sizes and living your life. It has taken me quite a while to figure out portion sizes and now that I am catching on it is making things a lot easier and it will hopefully boost my weight loss. I have a lot to lose, but once I get to my final goal I hope to be there for the rest of my life. Good luck with your journey and if you want you can add me as a friend.
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I reckon this website is really good.
    I can recommend minnestroni soup for beiing filling, nutritious and relatively easy to fit into your daily calorie allocation. Go easy on the pasta, bacon and oil. (You can have 25 g of pasta in one serve and still feel like you've had enough)
    I think the beans are what fills me up... but the whole thing is brilliant.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You are doing well by just being on this website. Just try your best to stay within your calories. Give yourself a cheat day. I feel like that is always helpful. Work out whenever you have free time. Soon it will all just become habit. Good luck.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Denying food you love and feeling guilty about eating them is only going to make achieving your weight loss goals more difficult. It is about a real lifestyle change not a fad diet.