skipped a day

Options
since thursday i haven't filled in any tracking information - i'm starting again tomorrow (holiday weekend) is it going to effect my goal or misconstrue my weight loss/gain?

Replies

• easybeezy
    easybeezy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    since thursday i haven't filled in any tracking information - i'm starting again tomorrow (holiday weekend) is it going to effect my goal or misconstrue my weight loss/gain?
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you ate or did not eat. Just logging your food intake isn't going to make you lose or gain. The amount of food that you put in your body will determine that. We log our food intake to make sure we eat enough and to not over eat as well. Just the tracking it or not is not going to make you lose or gain. You can track it and over eat and gain or you can track it and stay in your caloric goal and lose. Logging our food intake is the only way we will really know just how much we did or did not eat. Keeping a food log is the key to successful weight loss.
  • easybeezy
    easybeezy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry - i miscommunicated. What i really meant was, you know at the end of the day when it tells you a projected weight loss by 5 weeks. Is that going to be effected by the absence of food in the diary for those 4 days. In essence: is the food calculated by day and will the program be "tricked" into thinking I haven't actually eaten at all for 4 days?

After sleeping on it, i don't think it will effect it. I think it's more of a "if everyday were like today" and not keeping track of each and every day and applying it to your final goal.

Thanks for the help!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey! It's good to know that I'm not alone. I haven't tracked any of my food since Thursday either! I figured it was probably just me once again, but it's good to see that I wasn't the only one. I weighed myself this morning and I actually gained 1 pound in those four days :sad: so I amback on track today and will work extra hard this week to lose that 1 pound and hopefuly more! I'm setting a goal of losing 10 more pounds before Christmas, so I'm starting back on it today!
    *kistinbee*
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I took a calorie counting holiday last Thursday and Friday. Breakfast and lunch were the new "usual", but I went half-hog for Thanksgiving dinner (full plate, but no seconds) and whole-hog Friday dinner (buffet with salmon and three meats, and dessert, open bar, great time). Saturday morning was up six pounds. So, a weekend of a little extra activity, bigger than usual calorie deficits (but less than 1,000), and lots of water. This morning I am only up one pound. Most of that six was water from the heavier than usual sodium.

Great to know that I can have the occasional holiday splurge and take it in stride.
  • Colleenie101
    Options
    I'm sorry - i miscommunicated. What i really meant was, you know at the end of the day when it tells you a projected weight loss by 5 weeks. Is that going to be effected by the absence of food in the diary for those 4 days. In essence: is the food calculated by day and will the program be "tricked" into thinking I haven't actually eaten at all for 4 days?

After sleeping on it, i don't think it will effect it. I think it's more of a "if everyday were like today" and not keeping track of each and every day and applying it to your final goal.

Thanks for the help!
    No it just says if every day were like today you would be a certain weight in five weeks. DOnt worry. my number changes everyday. Because three days a week i workout twice a day for an hour. SO that day i burn at least 800 calories and i only intake 1200. So it says in five weeks ill be 111 lbs but the days i dont workout it says ill be either 120 or 122 in five weeks. So dont worry girl you will be fine. Just try to remember to put things inthe computer at the end of the day