Another question for the fitness gods and goddesses

Options
What's your opinion of beef jerkey - good ~ bad or indifferent?

Replies

• TatumSummer
    Options
    It's a good source of protein, low in fat, high in protein, low saturated fat. Although, lotsss of sodium!
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    I think its a great snack, but found looked at the sodium and said "EEEKKKK".
    I have it in moderation.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    It's a great protein snack! Low in fat, high in protein, low saturated fat. The only downside is it has a lot of sodium.

Make your own and sodium's not an issue... then it's just a great protein snack. :bigsmile:

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&category_id=16&article=18430 - There are tons of recipes for marinade, this just gives an easy method of drying if you don't have a dehydrator.
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Too high in sodium for me. Sometimes I make my own so it isn't as bad with the sodium and preservatives.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,631 Member
    Options
    I'm having a love affair with Trader Joe's turkey jerky these days. It's low in calories, high in protein, takes a while to eat and the sodium is half (sometimes more!) than what you find in beef jerky.

Now if only it weren't so expensive.

(Making my own isn't an option. I would just screw it up. :smile:)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It is good in moderation. Some of the most fit people in my Crossfit class eat it every day, and they are in amazing shape! It is a good source of protein.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm having a love affair with Trader Joe's turkey jerky these days. It's low in calories, high in protein, takes a while to eat and the sodium is half (sometimes more!) than what you find in beef jerky.

Now if only it weren't so expensive.

(Making my own isn't an option. I would just screw it up. :smile:)

UM YES! Trader Joes Turkey Jerky is the best I have ever tasted. I've been eating it a lot lately, and so have other people at my trader joes because it's been out of stock two times I have gone! Booo