juggling kids + hubbys odd schedule and my wishes

Options
i realllllly need some adivce, as i feel like im too close to the situation to really see all my options lol need ideas on getting more activity into our lives as a family...some background info:
ok so i have two little girls, 4 and 5. im a stay at home mom and wouldnt change it for the world.. my husband works wednesday-saturday, 10 hour shifts, but with drive time is gone about 12 hours a day. we usually do grocery shopping every other sunday, with doctor/dentist/whatever appointments mondays and tuesdays. im working on my kids listening skills etc, but still find it very hard and frustrating to take them out anywhere without my husband with us. most of my exercising i do at home, with the occasional trip to the exercise room for our apartment complex. but again, i dont dare take them with out hubby to keep an eye on em. id love to go out to the rec center for swimming and such, or take the kids on walks to the park...but i dont really want to limit these things to sunday-tuesday.. i just feel like im cramming too much into three days :(
on nice days, i do take the kids out into the courtyard while i walk out there, and the sometimes walk with me, or run around and play with a ball or whatever...but nice days lately havent been happening (*shakes her fist* damn you pacific northwest weather!) and i can see a difference in my kids when they dont get outside. they dont have rainboots and raincoats so if it isnt raining toooo hard ill take them out for some puddle splashing and whatnot. i know everything is so much easier when its nice outside, but i need winter/rainy day ideas too!