Is it better to eat late or not at all?

Options
2»

Replies

• bdtaylor2009
    Options
    They say not after 8 PM. If I have colaries left I do snack light.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    No nuts in the house.

There are nuts in my house but I won't name names. :bigsmile:
  • drowningsea
    Options
    Considering that I clicked your profile and checked your diary, and see that you only actually ate a little over 500 calories, I would say definitely eat something even if it is "late"

You can do more damage to yourself by not eating enough than by eating a little later than you might normally.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    ""There are nuts in my house but I won't name names. :bigsmile:""

I was thinking the same thing - LOL
  • whodatgrl
    whodatgrl Posts: 111
    Options

Ok so this is what I/we have always been told, so what im getting from all the post is this is obsolete, huh?! Ive been sitting here sweatin and frettin cause i had 399 cal left over, but like 369(i think) were cal + back from exercise which i saw someone post that those cal really shouldnt matter if you still have them hanging out in the breezeway at the end of the night.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options

Ok so this is what I/we have always been told, so what im getting from all the post is this is obsolete, huh?! Ive been sitting here sweatin and frettin cause i had 399 cal left over, but like 369(i think) were cal + back from exercise which i saw someone post that those cal really shouldnt matter if you still have them hanging out in the breezeway at the end of the night.

There is no scientific/medical reason to avoid eating late, nor does it hamper weight loss or cause any metabolic problems. As I said, some people can have trouble sleeping, but otherwise there's no reason not to. I (and many people I know) eat a snack within an hour or two of bed and lose weight like clockwork (that snack is healthy, however.)

One day being under is not an issue, but if it's consistent, you are in effect making your deficit larger than what you signed up for - and a larger deficit is not necessarily desirable, or healthy.