Need some motivation???

iwannawearatutu
iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Here's some quotations to get you fired up... :)

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. ~Henry Ford

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire. ~Arnold H. Glasow

Life's problems wouldn't be called "hurdles" if there wasn't a way to get over them. ~Author Unknown

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. ~Beverly Sills

Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. ~Edward Stanley

Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power. ~Clint Eastwood

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. ~Anaïs Nin

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure, 1604

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Fall seven times, stand up eight. ~Japanese Proverb

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. ~Harriet Beecher Stowe

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. ~M. Kathleen Casey

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. ~Author Unknown

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking. ~Buddhist Saying

Replies

• pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    love them thanks so much!!! :flowerforyou:
  • I may have to steal the Clint Eastwood one, it is very much something for me to keep in mind.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    I must confess to not really liking motivational quotes - they have the opposite effect on me - they're just words after all, and words are nothing.

I do like the Clint Eastwood one though :-)
This discussion has been closed.