3 Miles!!!

Options
I was tired and in a pissy mood tonight. At 9:45 I was debating whether or not to go to the gym. I still had grocery shopping to do, dishes to wash, toys to pick-up, and did I mention I was in a bad mood? Ten weeks ago any one of these excuses would have been enough for me to sit on the couch with a pint of Ben and Jerry's. But tonight I went to the gym and JOGGED 3 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. I am so proud of myself and had enough energy to do the grocery shopping, wash the dishes, and pick-up some of my boys' toys. The dishes and rest of the toys can wait until tomorrow. :happy:

Replies

• klynnp
    klynnp Posts: 25
    Options
    great job!!!! One success after another is what adds up to a healthier you :)
    P.S. I started running last July..TOTALLY ADDICTED :)
    Keep up the good work!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    How Awesome!!!! You Rock!
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I love it when the "I don't want to work out" becomes the "best workout ever"!!!
  • edr2b
    edr2b Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I'm very proud of you...I was in a bad mood today also...I should have known when I woke up and my daughter had dropped such a huge bomb that I had to cute her onesie off so that it didn't get in her hair..that being said the rest of my day was crazy but like you instead of giving in I went to my Celebrity Fitness class that is similar to P90X and just worked all the frustration out..I really had let all of it go after the workout..it was like it didn't even matter..I just went w/the flow..afterwards I must admit I was craving chocolate so I had a 140 cal chocolate covered granola bar that is my alternative to a snickers..lol Well good luck w/ur journey and I'm glad you didn't give in to your bad day :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome victory. You workout so late, yet I workout so early. Yawn...
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    Yay for you!!! I totally understand your victorious feeling cuz that was me too!
  • 4alison4
    4alison4 Posts: 54
    Options
    Congratulations, bet it felt fantastic!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Are you still on a runner's high? Great job!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I should have known when I woke up and my daughter had dropped such a huge bomb that I had to cute her onesie off so that it didn't get in her hair..

LMAO Oh, the glamorous lives us moms lead. Thanks all for encouraging words. I am most definitely on a runner's high.
  • wannalose25
    wannalose25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    wtg
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    congrats!! I had a day like that too yesterday and ended up doing the Leslie Sanson 4 mile walk!!! I felt good after... :smile:
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! That is so awesome. I can't wait until I get to that point..currently working on it!! :smile:
  • mom2claudia
    Options
    QUOTE:
    I should have known when I woke up and my daughter had dropped such a huge bomb that I had to cute her onesie off so that it didn't get in her hair..

LMBO!!!!

Great job, OP! 3 miles is quite the accomplishment, especially without even stopping!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    THAT'S A 5K, DUDE! WHOOOOO!
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's such a great feeling when the hard work starts to really pay off! Awesome job!
  • silverlil
    silverlil Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you should keep being in a bed mood, so you'll keep running, j/k, you did really good :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!