Some of my fav recipes

Options
MaryD4900
MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
Just posted these on an alternate thread and figured I would paste them over for everyone to see. Don't have the nutritional content- haha sorry I know that's obnoxious. These recipes came from my roomate's personal cookbook. They are all at least decently healthy and all wonderful

Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup

12 oz turkey kielbasa sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 can green beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can greaty northern beans
1 can italian diced tomatoes
1/2 c water
2 c chicken broth
1 onion
1 carrot

Throw in crockpot and cook 8-10 hours! This soup is DELICIOUS... I have it all the time and never never ever get tired of it... I think it might be a weight watchers recipe

Chicken Pot Pie - this is a little involved, but is actually super easy to make. It's soooo good- better than any frozen chick pot pie you will ever have. And the leftovers are actually better than it is the 1st time you make it.. kinda like a casserole

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c milk
1 and 3/4 c chicken broth
2 cup chicken (You can get a rotisserie already cooked, or just cook breasts ahead of time)
1 cup each of peas (I use canned), carrots (I use sliced canned), and broccoli (I use frozen and thaw ahead of time in microwave)
dash of onion powder
pie crust (I use the Pillsbury pie crust that comes in a 2-pack... you just unroll it- super easy)

Preheat oven to 400
Heat butter in pan until melted
Blen in flour, salt, pepper, onion powder and stir until smooth
Remove from heat
Stir in broth and milk. Bring to boil for 1 minute
Stir in chicken and veggies
Fill the pie crust (You can pile the goodies on really high... I usually end up with a peak of filling)
Cover the filling with the remaining pie crust

Bake 40-45 mins or until crust is golden brown

*You can even make the chicken/ veggie filling ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until you're ready to make the pie

Turkey Meatloaf- simple and delicious. I like to divide the meatloaf into muffin-sized portions. Do this using a cupcake pan instead of a loaf pan.

1.5 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk
2 T soy sauce or Worcestershire
1 egg
onion powder or diced fresh onions

Preheat oven to 350
mix all ingredients and place in bread pan or muffin pan
Bake 1 hour (or about 30 mins if using muffins)

*This is also good with a ketchup glaze...
1/2 cup ketchup
2 T brown sugar
1 T spicy brown mustard
spread over top of meatloaf before baking and cover pan w/ foil

Here are a couple links as well

Giada's seafood pasta (I omit the mussels/ clams and just use shrimp and scallops)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/spaghetti-with-pinot-grigio-and-seafood-recipe/

German Style Turkey Sausage Skillet- you will like this if you like sauerkraut
http://www.recipe.com/german-style-turkey-sausage-skillet/