astinnett
astinnett Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I'm delighted to find this website. I have been overweight all my life, and now that I am older (much older) I am realizing that I need to get the weight off and keep it off. I've tried every diet there is and I always gain it all back. I need to find a good diet for a healthy lifestyle. I work and don't get home until 6:30 every night, and my husband and I just usually eat whatever we can find, just like foraging bears. Help!

Replies

• astinnett
    astinnett Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm delighted to find this website. I have been overweight all my life, and now that I am older (much older) I am realizing that I need to get the weight off and keep it off. I've tried every diet there is and I always gain it all back. I need to find a good diet for a healthy lifestyle. I work and don't get home until 6:30 every night, and my husband and I just usually eat whatever we can find, just like foraging bears. Help!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Welcome! You'll find this site and it's members very helpful.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Welcome, and Good luck :flowerforyou:

78344.png
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome!
    Well once you start logging all the things that you're putting in your mouth, it WILL help you be more accountable, and totally aware of EXACTLY HOW MUCH you're eating. The food counter is QUITE the eye opener, let me tell you!
    When I started here, I'd also, like you, been on just about every diet out there, only to gain back whatever I managed to lose. I've also got a thyroid problem, and was blaming that for my weight gain too.This ISN'T a diet though, it's a life style change. I've learned to make better food choices, take smaller portions, and I started exercising too. It's just the best site on the web, and you're going to LOVE it, and be totally addicted, just like the rest of us, in no time!
This discussion has been closed.