MFP BEGINNER FROM ONTARIO, CANADA

Options
Well.....I made it. To here anyway.

This site was recommended to me from a co-worker, and I am going to give it a try.

Such a long journey ahead of me.....I'm sighing even as I type this. LOL

I've never tried anything like this before (i.e. online support, and program, etc,)

Tips of the trade welcome. :)

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Tip, log log and log, make friends on here great support and helps you to be accountable. Lots of support groups or challenges to join. Find one that suits you. Long journey I think of it as a world trip and I try not to make to many detours (bad days) but they happen. And now with so many international MFP friends it truely is a world trip.
  • ElisaRRT
    ElisaRRT Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips!

:)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome from another person from Ontario. Hmmm, tips. I think the log, log, log is good. Also shoot for high fiber 30 grams a day or more (if you don't eat a lot of fiber rich food right now work up to that) because fiber will help you remain feeling full. Also, the protein amount MFP defaults to is a little low, so don't worry about going over it. I find higher protein also helps me keep feeling full. Lastly, if you are not yet physically active, it is good to exercise especially Interval training. http://intervaltraining.net for more information. And do lots of reading here, you can learn a lot.
  • wildeyezz
    wildeyezz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    Another Ontarion here...feel free to add as friend and share the journey.
    Good luck.