Help wanted... I need Inspirtation for Dinner

Options
louiseshields
louiseshields Posts: 12 Member
Hi my lovely Fitness Pal friends

Can anyone give me some inspiring new recipes for dinner for me and my family, I want to make something new, tasty and exciting tonight (with as few calories as possible).

There is me (who is quite picky), my husband (who will eat anything) and my daughter (who is very picky)

Lucy does not like spicy and I do not eat seafood.

It doesnt really leave much I know, but help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Louise xxxx

Replies

• GrayJohn
    GrayJohn Posts: 74
    Options
    Okay

How about a delicious stir fry with chicken? Get the diced chicken in the wok with extra virgin olive oil and heat through then add all your veggies. My personal favourite is broccoli, onion, mushrooms, peppers and sugar snap peas.. I then add ready made noodles, not many though and add black bean sauce - really tasty and around 450kcals. I swear by it! I lost 140lbs mainly eating stir fry's... oh and exercising like a bi&ch! :smile:
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    this is what i had for dinner tonight http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-and-Tangy-Sauteed-Collard-Greens/Detail.aspx

i made it so i had 2 servings, added some carrots for colour, and then put some salmon on top, though as seafood is a no go for you, even just a roasted piece of chicken or pork would be tasty. it was like haveing a hot salad. it was realllly tasty and fairly low cal.
  • kayleighbaybee
    Options
    one of our favourites is chicken wraps :)

we use the weight watchers wraps at 99cals each,and we spice the chicken up a bit but as your daughter doesn't like spicy food you could leave it plain or use whatever sauce or seasoning you like :)

then we bump them up with lots of salad,and either have 2 as a meal or one with a few oven chips,which i know isnt the healthiest but its still pretty low cal and it feels like you're getting a bit of a treat :)

hope this helps

xXx
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Too bad about the seafood cuz I could really save you some calories there! However, how about some pasta alla bolognese?

300 gr. very lean ground beef = (100 gr. = 155 cal)
    3 tbs. extra vergin olive oil = (1 tbs. = 90 cal)
    1 bottle tomato sauce? (we call it Passato di Pomodoro) over here = (1 bottle = 22 cal)
    240 gr. of pasta = (100 gr. = 346 cal)
    3 tbs. parmiggiano cheese = (1tbs = 22 cal)

Procedure:
    Sautee some finely chopped onion, carrots and celery (it doesn't show up in the sauce so your daughter won't notice it!) with the olive oil until tender (add small amounts of water to keep it from drying or burning or use a small pan). Add tomato sauce and bring it all to a boil. Add beef and stir contantly until beef separates (so you don't get clumpy beef) and then turn down the flame to low. Let it all cook slowly for about 30 minutes, stirring every once in a while. In the meantime you can start boiling the water for the pasta. By the time the pasta is cooked, your sauce should be ready:smile: After draining the pasta put it back in the pot, add some of the sauce and stir. Plate the pasta, add some more sauce on top and finish everything off with a tablespoon of parmiggiano.

Total calories: 1563 / 3 = 521 cal. each

You could save some calories by substituting ground chicken/ turkey for the beef. It's quite filling.