Advice?

Options
I used to use myfitnesspal-but not on a regular basis- and stopped for a few months, and now here I am again and frequently.
I've gotten my gym membership, and my calorie goal thing is set to 1200 calories per day.

I was wondering if what I'm doing sounds like it will work, and is healthy as well?
I'm around 180-185 pounds (my wii fit board doesn't weigh accurately) , 5'4" , and consume around 1200 calories a day -and if i burn 400 calories I'll eat 400 extra calories to make sure I maintain the 1200 calories that my body needs to maintain itself- somedays my calorie consumption may be 100 too little and others it might be up to 300 calories over,...but generally in the 1000-1500 range (plus calories i eat back due to exercising them off) .

Is this healthy? I've read a lot on here talking about starvation mode if you eat too little, or hitting plateaus if you eat too little and need to amp up your calories.

So...to sum it up : 183 pounds, 5'4", 1200 calories a day (eating calories i work off as well), and usually I lose around 300-500 calories a day...and sometimes if I get ambitious I might burn 600. So my question: is this a healthy way, that will help me lose weight fairly easily? My goal is to be atleast around 150 by august (5 months away)