Breakfest

Options
I need help to figure out what to eat in the ams. I eat between 5am-7am before work and I don't get a snack until 11am so I need something that will keep me full! Any ideas!?

Opps breakfast!

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    egg beaters with a whole wheat english muffin and a piece of fruit.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Do you like oatmeal? Keeps you full. So do potatoes. Peel and chop a potato, toss it with 1/4 T of melted butter, rosemary and salt, cover and cook until tender. 125 calories and high satiety.
  • Searsh
    Searsh Posts: 27
    Options
    this is what I do and it works! sometimes cereal is not enough! Soo... what i do it pour ground almonds or chopped walnuts on the cereal! something so small but gives an extra bit of umph to fill you up! or add chopped fruit too :)
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    I have a whey protein shake usually....
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    For me it has to be relatively high in Protein or Fiber (or both)
    If I down a regular bowl of cereal I'm starving by mid morning, Fiber One is the exception to that. If I eat an egg with a few whites I'm also fine. I usually make a omelet without cheese, some ham, or bacon or sausage and a few things like peppers, onions etc.

If I down a muffin or waffles or pancakes I'm starving and blew a ton of calories.
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Oats so Simple Porridge Oats usually fill me up for HOURS! So easy, just pop in the microwave for 2.5 mins and DONE! they have lots of scrummy flavours to... my favourite is apple and blueberry. Guaranteed to get me through the morning.

J x
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    It is better to eat little and often - no way you can have an apple or banana before 11 to keep you going?
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Oatmeal with added fruit (ie. blueberries, craisins, banana plus 1/8 -1/4 cup chopped walnuts) = very filling.
    Kashi GoLean cereal (1 cup) mixed with 1 cup of Greek non-fat yogurt and add fruit...will hold you for a long time.
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have tried Oatmeal and I just can't power threw it without gagging.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:

Kashi Go Lean with a cup of raspberries and a cup of skim milk

1 egg, 2 eggs whites, 2 slices ezekiel bread

Both have high protein and high fiber.