increased body temp after workout - is it normal?

Hi - Im hoping someone will be able to help - im overweight but fairly fit and active - currently in training for my 1st marathon only started running this year up to 4.5 miles but whenever I have finished about 30 minutes after I am so hot - not skin hot but its like my internal body heat has increased like I have a temperature - I know that your metabolism increases and that I can expect a hot feeling when my metabolism is burning but I thought that was only for the first hr or so after - Im still feeling hot when I go to bed 3-4 hrs later -Im not in pain and its not uncomfortable but I am aware im not normal temperature- is this normal ? - im not overdoing it and am following a VERY conservative training plan - Hope this makes sense to someone ?? thanks in advance x

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    This happens to me sometimes a couple of hours after body pump! , it did occur to the other night when it happened that i had not drunk much water in the last few hours!
  • hamsmash
    hamsmash Posts: 41 Member
    When your muscle converts uses stored energy, it turns the energy into movement and heat. Skeletal muscles are generally contribute heavily toward body heat production. So the short answers yes it is normal to be hot after a workout. What normal ranges are, no idea.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Hi - Im hoping someone will be able to help - im overweight but fairly fit and active - currently in training for my 1st marathon only started running this year up to 4.5 miles but whenever I have finished about 30 minutes after I am so hot - not skin hot but its like my internal body heat has increased like I have a temperature - I know that your metabolism increases and that I can expect a hot feeling when my metabolism is burning but I thought that was only for the first hr or so after - Im still feeling hot when I go to bed 3-4 hrs later -Im not in pain and its not uncomfortable but I am aware im not normal temperature- is this normal ? - im not overdoing it and am following a VERY conservative training plan - Hope this makes sense to someone ?? thanks in advance x

This sounds normal to me. 4.5 miles, I'm assuming that your engine is running for a good 40-45 minutes? Happens to me as well.

When your running you're burning lots of energy, it makes sense that your body starts producing a lot of heat.

It's probably a good signal to drink more water.