WHY is the weight NOT coming off???

Options
Before you all say I need to exercise.....I will as soon as it warms up a bit. I live in upstate NY. I plan on walking and possibly training for a 5k soon. One of my golas in life are to be able to run. It is free and that makes my wallet happy , and it is something that can be done at anytime.

I have never had this much trouble getting some poundage off before. I have always been able to lose atleast 2-3 lbs a week for a few weeks then slow down but this time around NOPE. I am lucky if I lose 1 lb. It is very discouraging and I feel like giving up, WHY BOTHER?? The food costs a fortune and I am getting no results from it.
I drink more water than I ever have, and follow my calories very closely. I was sick a couple of weeks ago and didn't eat for a few days(THAT HELPED ha ha ) and since then I haven't been a fan of water :-(. I have not cheated at all since starting(only once when i went out with the ladies) otherwise everything i put into my mouth is accounted for. So I eat my allowed calories, drink lots of water, gave up alcohol and dessert. Alcohol and dessert alone should have let me shed 10 lbs. I am a dessert queen and always had my wine at night.

HELP ME, ANY SUGGESTIONS????????