when to record your calorie intake

Options
Hi there - due to my working hours I sometimes find myself eating after midnight - would you suggest I keep the calorie intake with the previous day or should i record it as a new entry for the new day?

Hope this makes sense...

Thanks Folks!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    after midnight i would record as the next day:smile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You could add it the next day. But better yet, plan the following day so you know if your on track or not before you eat. If you
    wait you might get in the habit of eating bad and then beating yourself up after.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It depends. I count days as my days. for instance, if i were working the night shift and sleeping during the day, I'd rather log my 24 hour schedule as it reflects in my life and habits instead of caring if it were Tuesday or Wednesday. To help keep it strait till i got my tracking down i'd also make notes in the section of my diary and label my diary based on the times i eat.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't know when the clock strikes midnight, it just knows when you go to sleep. So, if you end up eating after midnight but haven't yet gone to bed, record it on the previous day. To your body, a "day" is the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep at night.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't know when the clock strikes midnight, it just knows when you go to sleep. So, if you end up eating after midnight but haven't yet gone to bed, record it on the previous day. To your body, a "day" is the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep at night.

I agree with this!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter unless you have a really big variance daily the weekly report is more useful anyway....
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would really matter as long as you pick one method and stick to it.