0.8LBS LOST.... SERIOUSLY, THIS CANT BE!!

Options
2»

Replies

• joeras05
    joeras05 Posts: 1
    Options
    I cannot say much about the weight loss, it's tough when you do the right things and do not see results. However, if you are working out and eating better, there are changes inside you body that you cannot see such as lower toxens, improved circulation, and strengthening of the most important muscle, your heart.

In the mean time, keep up the hard work and it should pay off overtime. Be open to new foods and willing to take advice. Good luck!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Need to see your diary pls otherwise we can't help:flowerforyou:
  • ksjudge
    ksjudge Posts: 2
    Options
    Hang in there!! I have experienced the same frustrations before. I am finding following a low carb diet has been a little more helpful. Keep trying and don't give up!
  • ymachick
    ymachick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posts. Check your inches lost because with all that exercising, you likely gained muscle and lost fat, which is a
    GREAT thing since muscle doesn't jiggle! If you're looking good and feeling better, and your clothes are getting loose, don't sweat it. You are doing great! I will go weeks where I don't move the number on the scale very much, if at all, but I'm still losing inches.

2998972.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    don't give up!! u can do it!! maybe u just need to do some tweaking of ur diet...

about 15 minutes ago, i figured out how to track my "sugar" intake & add it to my food diary... & i had a VERY rude awakening :sad: i thought i was doing well b/c i was staying under my daily calorie allotment... boy, was i wrong... i had gone over in "sugar" 90% of the time... although it makes me sad, i'm glad i figured this out so i can make some adjustments to my eating habits...
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Could be many things...are you eating enough...are you truelly exercising off 500 calories worth, what type of foods are you eating, how much salt or sugar, etc. You could be under eating or over eating...measure you food to make sure. Guessing a portion sizes gets us all into trouble. Even nutritionists have been known to overestimate a portion-size.

I think some people highly over estimate their work outs, esp when you first start out. It takes a LOT of working out to burn 500 calories a session! An hour does not do it. Calorie calculators are just estimations an what one person burns of another may not. You may need to invest in a heart rate monitor that will better estimate you calorie burn (and even those have a margin of error).

Don't give up. What works for one may not work for you but if you keep at it and tweak what you are doing then give it a couple weeks to see your progress. In a couple weeks if you aren't seeing it tweak something else. What ever you do, try it for a couple weeks and the re-evaluate.
  • charlene_1980
    Options
    And I'm also wondering what you set your activity level at when you first joined? Maybe you said you're more active in your day to day life than you really are, so MFP is allowing you more calories than you need...
  • MJKC9397
    MJKC9397 Posts: 15
    Options
    You may have already seen this before, but take another look--it's what got me over the feelings of "why bother?" http://www.onemorebite-weightloss.com/muscle-to-fat.html In fact, I even set it as my wallpaper on my computer as a reminder! You are doing things the right way, modifying diet and exercise. I agree with those who have said to take another look at you food diary "just in case". But I believe that if you haven't already started to see a difference in inches, you will very soon. Hang in there!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    You may have already seen this before, but take another look--it's what got me over the feelings of "why bother?" http://www.onemorebite-weightloss.com/muscle-to-fat.html In fact, I even set it as my wallpaper on my computer as a reminder! You are doing things the right way, modifying diet and exercise. I agree with those who have said to take another look at you food diary "just in case". But I believe that if you haven't already started to see a difference in inches, you will very soon. Hang in there!

Just read the link you quoted - very true!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

How many calories are you eating a day? My guess is that it's probably too little, and that's why you aren't losing any weight.

This is exactly my first reaction too. Especially if you're working out so much.
  • meljaniya
    meljaniya Posts: 22
    Options
    WOW, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!...... THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I AM VERY GUILTY OF NOT COMPLETING
    MY FOOD DIARY AFTER I LEAVE WORK. THEREFORE I WILL NOT EVEN BOTHER TO OPEN IT UP. SO I AM
    GUILTY OF NOT LOGGING AFTER 6, BUT I HAVE BEEN SOOO GOOD! I WAS VERY DISCOURAGED YESTERDAY.
    I WENT TO THE GYM LAST NIGHT AND WORKED OUT LIKE CRAZY(STEP AEROBICS), AND THIS MORNING, MORE CARDIO.
    I WANT TO SEE RESULTS ALREADY!!!
  • meljaniya
    meljaniya Posts: 22
    Options
    OH....AND MY DAILY CALORIE INTAKE IS 1330
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    1330... is that your TOTAL calorie intake? Or your NET calorie intake? In other words, are you eating 1330 plus what you burn off from exercise? Because if you're not eating back the exercise calories (you say minimum of 500 burned) then your NET calorie intake is only like 800. And frankly that is not enough to keep your metabolism going at a good enough rate to lose weight.
  • Nevertolate1
    Options
    That is so frustating!!!! maybe you should weigh in weekly,,,, are you eating alot of salt could be water weight
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I think some people highly over estimate their work outs, esp when you first start out. It takes a LOT of working out to burn 500 calories a session! An hour does not do it. Calorie calculators are just estimations an what one person burns of another may not. You may need to invest in a heart rate monitor that will better estimate you calorie burn (and even those have a margin of error).

While it's true that many overestimate their burnt calories, it is NOT true that you can't burn 500 in an hour. In fact, at 259 pounds, I frequently burn 1,000 in an hour. That actually makes sense based on the technical definition of a calorie, too. It can become harder to burn calories at lighter weights, but 700-1200 calories per hour is not unrealistic at all.
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    I would have to see WHAT you are eating. Sometimes the foods we think are healthy and good for us are not
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Radford89
    Radford89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Also just followed link - so true, excellent!