I pee ALL the time!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ashey1
    ashey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    me too, piddling all the time, but guessing thats helping with weight loss?
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Well I really doubt it's a bladder infection or UTI. As someone who's had chronic UTIs since I was little, unless you have other symptoms than just going a lot, it's not a UTI especially since you're peeing a good amount of urine, and it's clear-pale. Sounds like you're just drinking a ton of water, OR you're also consuming a good amount of caffeine as caffeine is a diuretic. If I drink caffeine, I pee a LOT.
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I honestly drink nothing but water - every once in a while (like 1x a week) I'll drink a 3 oz. glass of orange juice. But I drink a LOT of water - I try to get in about 10 cups a day and some days I drink as much as 12-14. I can't handle caffeine so I avoid it altogether (with the exception of a little chocolate here & there).
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It's true that well-hydrated people pee more often, but every 20 minutes sounds excessive.

I'd talk to a doctor about this, as polyuria can be a sign of several medical conditions. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003146.htm

Hope eveything is OK!

I have to agree. I drink close to a gallon of water a day on a normal day and don't go every 20 minutes but I do find myself using it constantly. Its tiring. Over the past week I've backed my intake up a little to see if there would be a difference...lol nope.

It wouldn't hurt to go to the doctor.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Well I really doubt it's a bladder infection or UTI. As someone who's had chronic UTIs since I was little, unless you have other symptoms than just going a lot, it's not a UTI especially since you're peeing a good amount of urine, and it's clear-pale. Sounds like you're just drinking a ton of water, OR you're also consuming a good amount of caffeine as caffeine is a diuretic. If I drink caffeine, I pee a LOT.

People's bodies react differently to UTIs. As I said I had none of the "usual" symptoms except frequent urination and I was absolutely DRAINED all the time. It took me a while to finally go to the doctor and by the time I did she said I had the worst non-symptomatic UTI she had ever seen and it was no wonder I had zero energy.

I'm not saying she has a UTI or bladder infection, just saying it could be a possibility and it might be worth going to the doctor so they can rule out a medical issue.
  • exercisechic927
    exercisechic927 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would definately rule out urinary tract infection by your doctor also!! You should only go every 2-4 hours. How often do you go at night? Your bladder can store that much urine. So if you sleep throughout the night without going that would be 8 hours. But definately should be able to hold it at least 2 hours at a time.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I would definately rule out urinary tract infection by your doctor also!! You should only go every 2-4 hours. How often do you go at night? Your bladder can store that much urine. So if you sleep throughout the night without going that would be 8 hours. But definately should be able to hold it at least 2 hours at a time.

Wow every 2-4 hours? I'm way pass the mark on that one. I can't drink a cup of water without having to go pretty bad right after. I usually get 12 in a day, and it's constant going. When I go into work. (Subbing as an IA in the schools) I have to stay away from it as much as possible, cause I can't just leave the class room to pee every half hour or more. It's frustrating. Road trips scare me. lol Even a 45 to 60 min one.

When I was having more issues before I cut out caffeine all together, I was getting some physical therapy, it was very interesting. It helped a lot to really strengthen all the muscles deep inside. Course I don't have any insurance anymore. But I still try and do some of the things they had me doing, I'm just not hooked up to a machine.

My mom had bladder surgery, wasn't very successful, I heard that happens often, but have wondered if there are some genetics at work here.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Story of my life!! I intern for 5.5 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I average at least 6 trips to the bathroom. I get up AT LEAST three times per night as well (usually more). I hate it. :indifferent:
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I once had a doctor tell me once that if you are losing weight, to expect to be in the bathroom. There is only one way out!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    HI!! Look at this way. Those visits are good because it is riding your body of bad toxins!! I drink maybe 160 ounces of water everyday and it will slow down some!! Great job!!!
  • exercisechic927
    exercisechic927 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My mom had bladder surgery, wasn't very successful, I heard that happens often, but have wondered if there are some genetics at work here.
    [/quote]

The surgery seems to have around a 30% success rate. Hormones and aging play a big role usually symptoms get worse as we get older :( (and weight) The exercises help but I find it is hard for a lot of women to keep doing them and then symptoms come back.
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input - I doubt it's a UTI - I have no pain or pressure, my energy is skyrocketing and my urine is clear. I do get up 1-2x a night and I typically go quite a large amount. On days I travel & don't drink as much, I don't go potty as much. I'm so glad to hear of so many others having this issue - I was a little worried. It might be something I mention to my dr. the next time I go but I'm not quite as concerned.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Story of my life!! I intern for 5.5 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I average at least 6 trips to the bathroom. I get up AT LEAST three times per night as well (usually more). I hate it. :indifferent:

Has anyone ever told you that you snore or stop breathing in your sleep? I'd wonder if you might have sleep apnea. Frequent urination overnight can be a symptom.

My mom used to get up several times a night to pee, but once she got a CPAP to correct her sleep apnea, she stopped having to get up to pee multiple times each night. Now it's only once if at all.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I honestly drink nothing but water - every once in a while (like 1x a week) I'll drink a 3 oz. glass of orange juice. But I drink a LOT of water - I try to get in about 10 cups a day and some days I drink as much as 12-14. I can't handle caffeine so I avoid it altogether (with the exception of a little chocolate here & there).

I really don't think you should take your medical advice from myfitnesspal. Talk to your Doctor. They will better advise you.
  • bmmiller4
    bmmiller4 Posts: 39
    Options
    I talked to my daughters pediatrician because she is constantly going pee and really can not seem to "hold" it at all. She has an hour long bus ride home in the afternoon and it is not unusual for her to get off with wet pants (the teacher has her go to the bathroom on the way to the bus). Her doctor said that she has a healthier "bathroom routine" than most adults. We hold it way more than we should and that we should be going more often. Sorry, I can not remember the number of times a day she said it should be.

I would say see your doctor to rule out an infection/medical reason and if there is no problems then continue to learn where the bathrooms are. I have learned where most of them are because of my daughter and just look at it as a little extra cardio for my day every time we sprint for the bathroom while we are at Meijer!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I took this thread title FAR too literally in my imagination upon reading it.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same and it has not improved for me. I often use the toilet more than 10 x per day but I just get use to it. My only concern is that when I need to go i NEED to go - sometimes to the point where I fear peeing myself LOL.

I can't tell you how many times I've been doubled over whilst putting the ket in my front door in a bid to stop myself from wetting myself LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: