Christmas Fitness Challenge Check in ~ November 26

NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Good morning! It's MONDAY! Hope everyone had a fabulous, exercise filled weekend! Less than a month now until Christmas so let's get a move on and get healthy!

Yesterday I did 15 min of warm-up & cool-down, the 20 min Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout, and 10 min of high intensity on my bike. I FINALLY did some weight training! I need to get that in more than 1x per week. I think I commited to 4 days for this challenge so I need to get to it! One thing with the Boot Camp - I need some lighter weights. The ones I have are fine for more controlled, slower repetitions. For fast paced 'lifting' though I need to go down a few pounds. I put them on my Christmas list for hubby so hopefully he will pick me some up.

Hope everyone else has/had a GREAT workout!
+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    Good morning! It's MONDAY! Hope everyone had a fabulous, exercise filled weekend! Less than a month now until Christmas so let's get a move on and get healthy!

Yesterday I did 15 min of warm-up & cool-down, the 20 min Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout, and 10 min of high intensity on my bike. I FINALLY did some weight training! I need to get that in more than 1x per week. I think I commited to 4 days for this challenge so I need to get to it! One thing with the Boot Camp - I need some lighter weights. The ones I have are fine for more controlled, slower repetitions. For fast paced 'lifting' though I need to go down a few pounds. I put them on my Christmas list for hubby so hopefully he will pick me some up.

Hope everyone else has/had a GREAT workout!
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yesterday I managed to get both a 40 minute uphill walk and 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Luckily, my family is getting healthier and there was plenty of veggies at our THIRD Thanksgiving feast.

I asked for a heart rate monitor for Christmas from my husband. We'll see.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    20 harder cardio, 25 light cardio
    20 weights and calisthetics

day three Sunday 25th
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    Good Morning Everyone !:flowerforyou:
    Its so nice to see everybody working so hard thanks Niccole for this Challenge its really getting my lazy (blank) Going thanks so much !

Anyway - yesterday i Took a 30 min walk some uphill- and went for a bike ride about 15 min :bigsmile:
    Best of Luck to All:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    I'd like to jump in & join the Christmas Fitness Challenge. I began the Bowflex today-will do that M W & F with the 20 minute Better Body workout & alternate T TH & S with Pilates for strength training & will continue to ride my stationary bike daily with a goal of at least 8 miles per day. Best of Luck to All!:drinker:
  • ok lets join the challenge ,better late than never:bigsmile: I am about to take a walk as a start which is a real start for me cz I didnt do any exercise at all:blushing: will let you all be informed if i rolled down the hill or actually walked:laugh:
  • Euhhh:embarassed: this Monday I didn't do nothing! I have all the excuses in the world although I promised my self to go to the gym :grumble: . Yesterday I walked for 30 minutes uphill on my treadmill and Saturday I did 60 minutes too! Usually I don't do nothing on the weekend!

I'm just enjoying my quite time without the kids at home (not eating)

I really wanted to go to the gym at least to not feel guilty or disappointed! oh well maybe tomorrow

Good luck everyone
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Hi,
    I'm trying to get back on track. I have a sinus infection and I got some really disappointing news last night that we aren't going to go on our family vacation in two weeks!:sad: I was so looking forward to that! It was one of my goals. So now I need to find something else to look forward to. I did end of having a chocolate oreo mix last night (I was very depressed), but I got up and did an hour of taebo this morning. That helped me to feel better. I have 6.5 pounds I want to lose by Christmas. More would be absolutely wonderful.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Ok, I'm joining you all. After not weighing in for over a month, the Thanksgiving Challenge worked out ok for me.

Maybe I will get into that skirt by Christmas... At least long enough to show my husband and then squeeze back out of it!!!

Have a great day everyone! Oh, and I'll be walking today at lunch with a co-worker!
    Angela :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Went out to see the trusses set up on daughters house this morning, it involved a 40 minute hike up hill half the way. Very crispy air out there today, was glad to get back as I forgot to take a hat:smile:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Have been sticking to my cardio program. 3 days per week 1 1/2 hour walk ( 4 to 5 miles) in hills. 3 days per week 1 1/2 hours on mountain bike. :happy:
    One day per week " off"

Still no strength training :grumble: unless you count riding bike up hills !! It's hard enough
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today is a walk to the gym and back (40 min) and my spin class.

I'll also do my 30 minutes of weight training.

And hey, even though I've just been doing the weight training for three weeks, I can tell a difference, especially with my spinning. I have way more power, and my leg strength is starting to feel more even.
    (just a word of encouragement, denmother :flowerforyou: )
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    You are all amazing! I'm in just because I want ot be one of you! I will be seeing my dad's side of the family for a Christmas Party on the 16th. This will be the first time visiting since before I was pregnant (2 years ago @ 200lbs) and just hit my pre-prego weight this week. I want to drop about 5-7lbs by the 15th. That will almost be my wedding weight; oh to fit back in that size 6 dress! Help me :)

ps. for those of you going (or not going) to the gym you may want to check your local walmart $1.00 DVD rack. There are great workout DVDs (total body, upper and lower) that can kick my butt. Hey, they're only a dollar, so no loss if you don't like them, right!?!?! I do them about 10pm when I'm feeling guilty for not working out! You just need hand weights and a band. No more excuses :wink:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    thanks I'll check those out since I'm sick of my dvd's already. I really need to strength train my upper body. Would three lb weights be too little to start with? I've never done any strength training but my daughter left those here. I don't want to do it wrong.
  • NTBoard
    thanks I'll check those out since I'm sick of my dvd's already. I really need to strength train my upper body. Would three lb weights be too little to start with? I've never done any strength training but my daughter left those here. I don't want to do it wrong.

3lb weights should be fine depending on what you are doing. I have 5lb weights and for what I was doing last night they were way too much. In fact, I'm asking for 3lb AND 1lb weights as some of the exercises just having a little resistance will be more than enough.

Good luck with your weight training! I always feel better when I do it - I just don't do it often enough. I really want to try though!

Niccole
  • NTBoard
    ps. for those of you going (or not going) to the gym you may want to check your local walmart $1.00 DVD rack. There are great workout DVDs (total body, upper and lower) that can kick my butt. Hey, they're only a dollar, so no loss if you don't like them, right!?!?! I do them about 10pm when I'm feeling guilty for not working out! You just need hand weights and a band. No more excuses :wink:

Thanks for the tip. I've been getting my workout dvd's from the library but you can only keep them for so long...

Alos, welcome to the challenge! We are glad you are joining us. The more the merrier!

Niccole
  • jlwilson
    jlwilson Posts: 13 Member
    Okay, I have been AWOL for a month because we got a dog who ate our laptop and my treadmill went up in smoke! So the good news is I am walking the dog but I don't think I'm getting the same kind of workout as I would running on the treadmill. Add in thanksgiving and I have gained about 5 lbs I think. I am desperate to get back on the beam and lose 10 lbs by Christmas. I have a new dress that is great but would look even better with another 10lb gone!! I need motivating to get back in the swing of things. I can feel myself sliding back into old bad routines! Oh no! :devil:
  • I love the gym, I have been a workout-a-holic for sometime. I dont like cardio which is what I need the most. But I do an extreme weight lifting schedule. I work out with two body builders and they run me ragged. But I love it! Today was Shoulders Day and we do a different body part everyday 5 days a week. Tomorrow is Leg day, I will crawl home:sad: but it is still great!:glasses:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Call me a wus, but I'm using 2.5lbs and struggle on some upper body things. I must mention I was a cross country runner in H.S. & College, so I've NEVER had a strong upper body, but I'm stronger than a lot of guys in my legs! My goal is to be up to 5lbs by the first of the year. I don't feel too bad 'cause I'm using a heavy duty therapeutic band instead of the thin ones they sell in stores. I've been doing these videos about two months and can already see more tone in my triceps, biceps & deltoids!

jlwilson, just think, 2lbs per week (which is a healthy rate) and you won't look "better" you'll look HOT! Remember how good you feel after a workout, physically & mentally. You can do it!