Need Lunch suggestions (Brown bag type)

Options
Hi!

I seem to have blinders on when it comes to a variety of lunch items. Pretty much, aside for a few variations, I am generally eating, lean turkey 2oz, baby carrots, hummus, pita chips and usually some type of fruit.

Occasionally I'll do a salad, but I just not that into salads, I like a bunch of little things, it seems more like snacking I guess!

What do you take to lunch?

Replies

• Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I carry a version of what ever I had for dinner.... if there is any left over
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Salads! Also, light string cheese, fruit, stick pretzels(about 23-33 =100calories), Special K bars, light soups, low cal cheese or crackers, yogurt(-watch the calories though, low-fat does not mean low-calories) My own dressing for salad. Whole wheat pita pockets or tortillas will work to replace bread for a sandwich.
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    tuna fish.
  • kcanoni
    kcanoni Posts: 31
    Options
    Light soups are good in the winter (or if you work in a super cold office like me :) I usually go for chicken and veggies. I make the chicken breast on Sunday and then cook microwave veggies every morning.
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    Apple, string cheese stick, mini sweet bell peppers....almonds or trail mix...chicken salad and a whole wheat pita....possiblities are endless :)
  • tabf1980
    tabf1980 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in LOVE with the Lean Cuisine Chicken Garlic Eggrolls. They are 200 calories for 3 small eggrolls. They are so good!!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love left overs too...or onion buns with goat cheese, spinach leaves and some form of deli meat. Don't forget to pack your fruit and veggies, but mix it up with low calorie salad dressing (I like dipping in light zesty italian). Imitation crab meat is my new favorite right now, tuna with lemon pepper, crackers, yogurt, almonds...I'm just trying to think what I bring. What about making wraps instead of sandwiches? or those thin burger buns and make a turkey burger...any kind of burger would substitute your sandwich. or pitas are good too, with some alphalfa sprouts and feta...mmmm...now i'm hungry lol...today I have light chicken noodle soup, 2 cups of fresh express iceberg salad, 3oz of imitation crab and renee's cucumber and dill salad dressing with a red pepper.
  • mwadams
    mwadams Posts: 9
    Options
    I brown bag it every day, and I also enjoy a lot of little things all day long. Here is a list of what I typically bring (including snacks): raw veggies or a small baggie of Wheat Thins Bigs crackers and a wedge of laughing cow light cheese, some type of fruit--green grapes are definitely my favorite, a reduced-fat string cheese stick, a thermos of Almond Breeze unsweetend chocolate almond milk with a splash of SF raspberry Torani syrup (I heat it up in the afternoon for a treat--tastes like a rich and creamy raspberry hot chocolate, but it's only 45 calories), and some sort of Morningstar Farms meatless product. I'm not a vegetarian, I just love their products. Sometimes I'll bring a cup of Green Giant broccoli and cheese sauce, or some almonds, or a Vitamuffin/Vitatop. I also love the Kellog's Fiber Plus chewey bars--the chocolate peanut butter variety taste like a candy bar. If I'm really craving a sweet but don't have enough calories left in my daily "food budget", I'll have a waterbottle full of sugar free grape koolaid or Propel water. It fills you up and is more satisfying than plain water, and it won't put you over your calorie limit. Guilt free!

You might also want to check out hungrygirl.com for more ideas and recipes. She has some great ideas, and that site (along with MFP) really helped me last year when I lost my initial 25 lbs.
  • nicholastar
    nicholastar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have cous cous with roasted veggies. For snacky type things I'll have some natural yogurt with a seed mix on top, a handful of nuts and some dried apple rings or dried apricots. How about oakcakes with light cream cheese and cucumber?
  • hummer2009
    Options
    TOADY I AM HAVING CHICKEN TENERLOINS THAT I BOIL IN CHICKEN BROTH AND PERFECT PINCH SEASONING
    I TAKE A COUPLE PEICES PLACE ON WHOLE WHEAT FLATOUT BREAD LETTUCE TOMATO JUS WHAT EVERY YOU PERFER
    VERY GOOD.SOME DAYS I DO LEAN CUSINE ,PROGESSO REDUCED SODIUM SOUP.
    HOPE THIS WILL OUT YOU.