Got To Be Honest

Options
Lunch time came and I was just starving today. I heated up Weight Watchers Smart One Creamy Rigatoni with Broccoli and Cheese. Usually these smaller meals don't do me justice. But I'm set on giving my weight loss effort a harder try this time around. So I chewed each bite careful and took several swallows of water inbetween each bite. It did make me feel a little fuller than normal but I just didn't feel as satisfied.

:cry:

I'm hoping that with time I will get accustomed to eating less and feeling fuller and more satisfied (with less food) as my diet progresses.

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    It takes a while but it will get easier and you will be satisfied by less food. Most of the problem is in our minds, we are so used to eating huge portions. Most people never realized what an actual portion size is. If you are still hungry maybe try adding in a protein rich snack or a low cal munchie (like maybe carrots or celery) to fill up on. Sometimes when a meal isn't filling me up I will eat a couple of egg whites or a string cheese and it helps with the hunger pangs.

Stick with it, but do restrict yourself so much that you want to give up. This needs to be a life change for it to work and stick which means it needs to be something you can do for the long haul.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, so I bring a bag of Bunny Luv carrots with me. I constantly feel hungry, and no amount of water is satisfying. I pre-cut baggies of mixed veggies and munch out as much as I can during the day. Also look into upping your protein with a shake or some almonds, that makes you feel more full. It does get better, and you'll get use to eating smaller portions. Good Luck!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I've never had one of these, but I assume they're about the size of any other frozen meal? If so, that is a pitiful amount of food. Why not, if you need to eat frozen meals for convenience, bring a container of extra veggies to mix in? You know how much HALF A KILO of cauliflower will add to your day? A measly 125 calories with 1500+mg of potassium, 11% of your daily calcium needs,10g of protein & 13g of fiber. I'm not saying you have to eat half a kilo of cauliflower, but it's really easy to add a massive amount of food to your day with lots of good stuff for next to no calories, if you want to. :)
  • deesdigitaldelight
    deesdigitaldelight Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information and support :flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you're welcome, that's what we're here for lol :bigsmile:
  • deesdigitaldelight
    deesdigitaldelight Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love this site and the support here is just wonderful.