Slipping back into my old habits

Options
Hi all,

I've noticed over the last 2 weeks I'm slipping back into my old habits - making really bad food choices. Yesterday alone I was over by 850 cals :sad:

I need to get back on track, I can't undo the progress I've already made, I just can't!

Today's goal is to stay within my cals. If I can do that today then there's no reason I can't do that tomorrow, and the next day, and...

Replies

• shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    Hi all,

I've noticed over the last 2 weeks I'm slipping back into my old habits - making really bad food choices. Yesterday alone I was over by 850 cals :sad:

I need to get back on track, I can't undo the progress I've already made, I just can't!

Today's goal is to stay within my cals. If I can do that today then there's no reason I can't do that tomorrow, and the next day, and...
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Last weekend, I discovered how to make s'mores in the microwave and that has undone everything for me. Now I find excuses for just a nibble (or 10) of something bad. So I'll join you in your determination. I have been staying within my calories for the most part (except for last night's Chinese food attack), but my choices haven't been the healthiest. Shame on me. Oh well, today is a new day...already downed 5 glasses of water and have my fruit lined up.

P.S. I like your attitude of not looking back. Make change, as long as it's moving forward. I'll try and use that philosophy today.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Today's a new day and you can't change yesterday so keep chuggin' along :)
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options

One day at a time my friend....
  • nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    Oh My Goodness!!! I'm having the SAME problems this week! I have no idea what it's from! I have eaten so far over my calories every day that I'm ridiculously bloated (like, I look like i'm pregnant) and constipated and I feel miserable! I'm so disgusted with myself :mad:

i can't seem to get back on track anymore! HELP! i realize that tomorrow is a new day but i've been having such intense cravings and am so hungry all the time that it's almost like an out of body experience when i'm eating. i know for sure that i'm totally full right now and feel like crap but i just ate an ice cream sandwich and raisins :ohwell:

how does someone get back on track and STAY on track.....i feel like if i can accomplish that i'll be good again. i was SO good for like, 6 months and then i started having a binge per week and then it turned into two per week and then i had surgery and was off counting for 1 1/2 weeks and now i have a binge every other day!!

What can i do, what can i do, what can i do, what can i do????!!! Help me before i go so long i can't turn back!!
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    It's a constant battle, and sometimes it's a lot harder than others.

I managed to stay within my calories yesterday :drinker: What seemed to work for me was keeping myself busy, so I wasn't thinking about food. So that's what I'm going to try again today!

Hope this helps and thanks for all the support yesterday.

S :heart:
  • snow7kids
    snow7kids Posts: 25
    Options
    I agree. Each day (or even moment) we can make a new choice....I suffer from all or nothing thinking and either have done perfect one day or bad--no in between. I've gained 3 lbs since last week--had to change my ticker in the opposite direction:grumble: I've been blowing it at night...by the time hubby gets home, I've had all my calories for the day and then I am making him potatoe tacos (fried) ....ever since I found out how to make those it's been difficult....they are so good I've actually considered just staying overweight and dedicating the rest of my life to eating those nonstop. But, then the side of me that actually cares steps in and demands that I get it together. So, today is a new day. Yesterday, I went and bought a bunch of healthy, easy to prepare, high in fiber food that is easy to calculate into my food journal. I am going to plan my calories so I can eat in the evening--but still stay in my range.