Size doesn't matter....don't be fooled!

Options
OH MY GOSH!!!

As many of you may know, I have a weakness for dark chocolate. One of the ladies at church last night brought me some dark chocolate candy bars from Europe. (She didn't know I had gone on this diet to lose these unwanted 18-20 pounds) Anyway, I thanked her and figured that I would just eat them in small amounts as a snack. I have read that small amounts of dark chocolate are good for us. Just not in the large quantities that I use to enjoy it at. Well, one of the candy bars that was the smallest, I went ahead and ate the entire thing last night during church as a snack. It had 4 little squares. Of course it didn't have any nutritional information on the package. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE!!! As I enjoyed this wonderful Belgium chocolate bar that was only 100 g, I didn't realize what I was doing to my diet for the day. This morning as I googled for the nutritional information, I almost had a heart attack. That little Beligum chocolate bar was 532 calories! I blew it for the day on my calorie intake by 440 calories....grrrr. Sigh...

I guess the lesson I have learned is that just because it was a little chocolate bar, doesn't mean it has a small amount of calories. Next time, I decide to enjoy a little bit of heavenly chocolate, I will be sure I know the nutritional information before I eat it and not after I eat it.

Wishing everyone a successful Thursday.

Sinfully,
happybee

Replies

• happybee
    happybee Posts: 7
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!!!

As many of you may know, I have a weakness for dark chocolate. One of the ladies at church last night brought me some dark chocolate candy bars from Europe. (She didn't know I had gone on this diet to lose these unwanted 18-20 pounds) Anyway, I thanked her and figured that I would just eat them in small amounts as a snack. I have read that small amounts of dark chocolate are good for us. Just not in the large quantities that I use to enjoy it at. Well, one of the candy bars that was the smallest, I went ahead and ate the entire thing last night during church as a snack. It had 4 little squares. Of course it didn't have any nutritional information on the package. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE!!! As I enjoyed this wonderful Belgium chocolate bar that was only 100 g, I didn't realize what I was doing to my diet for the day. This morning as I googled for the nutritional information, I almost had a heart attack. That little Beligum chocolate bar was 532 calories! I blew it for the day on my calorie intake by 440 calories....grrrr. Sigh...

I guess the lesson I have learned is that just because it was a little chocolate bar, doesn't mean it has a small amount of calories. Next time, I decide to enjoy a little bit of heavenly chocolate, I will be sure I know the nutritional information before I eat it and not after I eat it.

Wishing everyone a successful Thursday.

Sinfully,
    happybee
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    So true, just get back on track. And on those days that you want a little bit more chocoate, go for an extra long walk. Or make a diet pop cake!