MFP Runner's Club July 24th

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I ran 5 miles this morning!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• Mireille
    Options

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    I didn't make it to my 5:45am strength-training class. :( My parents are coming into town tonight for the weekend so my plan is to make it up sometime in the next few days when I can sneak away to the gym!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Great job, Mireille!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 5 miles bright and early this morning. The temperature was only 67 degrees but it was 99% humidity.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options

:drinker: Good for you Mireille! I'll bet you had a great run.
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh you guys are the BOMB!!!!

Great job Kech and Mireille! Have fun w/ the parents Slender!!!

I woke up late because my little guy got a dose of the sillies at 2 am...sigh....he had to get up to go to the bathroom then decided...um....ya this is a good time to get in bed w/ momma and sing all the silly songs I know....LMBO it was cute at first....AT FIRST...lol but around 5am I wanted to cry...sigh

so I just woke up and have no time to run now....:sad: will try tomorrow morning, we had major thunder and lightening storms last night and I think again today...great! :noway: I will put on mr. billy banks later and have him tae bo my butt! :huh:

anyway, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things....wish me luck!
    hugs! wishing you all a great day!
    Ali
  • Mireille
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It felt so good to be able to get out there after so many days confined to the house. I ran it in the same time as normal but I'm not going to lie, I huffed and puffed a little at the end. lol

Tricia,

Just read yesterday's post. I'm heading 5 hours north of Toronto, just me and my girls. We do this every year and spend a week with my family. I'm staying with my mom and she does not have a computer (she doesn't even know how to use a bank machine, gotta love her). My siblings have one at their homes so I may try and log on a couple of times while I'm there. Especially after my 8 miles, I'm gonna wanna brag about that run because my family just ain't into running. lol

I'll be logged on today but I want to be gone by 6am tomorrow. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good job on your runs Mireille & Kechie!! :drinker: I woke up wondering if you were gonna get a chance to run today, Mir! (I sooooo need a life!) :laugh:

No running for me until Saturday, but happy running to the rest of ya'll! :heart:
  • Mireille
    Options
    oh you guys are the BOMB!!!!

Great job Kech and Mireille! Have fun w/ the parents Slender!!!

I woke up late because my little guy got a dose of the sillies at 2 am...sigh....he had to get up to go to the bathroom then decided...um....ya this is a good time to get in bed w/ momma and sing all the silly songs I know....LMBO it was cute at first....AT FIRST...lol but around 5am I wanted to cry...sigh

so I just woke up and have no time to run now....:sad: will try tomorrow morning, we had major thunder and lightening storms last night and I think again today...great! :noway: I will put on mr. billy banks later and have him tae bo my butt! :huh:

anyway, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things....wish me luck!
    hugs! wishing you all a great day!
    Ali

Ali, I'm sorry to hear that you were up all night. I completely understand the "it's cute at first but 2 hours later you are ready to pull your hair out"! lol
    My 3 yo was screaming last night and when I went to her room she was crying because she said I left her at home while I went to the store. lol I told her that it was just a dream and that we are home together now and to go back to sleep. Thank goodness it worked! lol

I hope you have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Good job on your runs Mireille & Kechie!! :drinker: I woke up wondering if you were gonna get a chance to run today, Mir! (I sooooo need a life!) :laugh:

No running for me until Saturday, but happy running to the rest of ya'll! :heart:

No way, this is why I love ya sis! You've got a big heart and I appreciate your good thoughts.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Way to go ladies!!

I haven't been posting this week because I have not been running. In fact, I've barely been walking. I pole vaulted Sunday and pulled my groin muscles on both sides. I had a blast anyway. I am not giving up!! Because of being on blood thinners I bruise easily. I have a big, nasty, dark purple bruise on my thigh about 9 inches x 5 inches. My wife thinks I'm nuts!!

I have been able to keep up with my P90X workouts with a few modifications for the injury. There are some moves I have not been able to make, but I am getting better.

Good runs to all!
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Way to go ladies!!

I haven't been posting this week because I have not been running. In fact, I've barely been walking. I pole vaulted Sunday and pulled my groin muscles on both sides. I had a blast anyway. I am not giving up!! Because of being on blood thinners I bruise easily. I have a big, nasty, dark purple bruise on my thigh about 9 inches x 5 inches. My wife thinks I'm nuts!!

I have been able to keep up with my P90X workouts with a few modifications for the injury. There are some moves I have not been able to make, but I am getting better.

Good runs to all!

Ouch! Get better soon JD.
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning runners.

Great job to everyone who got up and ran. It was very rainy here but we needed it.

I slept in today so no running for me. On a brighter note, my back does not hurt but I have pain in my hamstring. I am not sure if the pain is related to a tight muscle or the pain that is normally associated with my herniated disk. I am going to yoga tonight and see if that helps. I didn't get to the chiropractor yesterday and his office is closed today. I will definitely go tomorrow.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I did a short 1.5 miles today and then went to a CSI (Cardio Strength Intervals) class at my gym! Hope everyone has a good day..its almost friday! :smile:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I ran 8 miles this morning!!! That is the farthest I have run so far. I was exhausted after, but it feels good too! The worst part was that after I got out of the shower I remembered that my mom left my car at my work, so I had to walk to work from the gym. Its only about 1/4 mile... but after running 8 it was toture!

Great job to everyone running today.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Runners!

Good job guys for all the fantastic runs this morning.

I'm going to stick with 20 to 25 minutes of jogging and some walking today and not push myself too hard. I will be having a rest day on Friday, Sat and Sunday this week!

I'll post back when I return from my workout.

:heart:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    The day I run 8 miles I will create a highway billboard bragging about it. AWESOME JOB! :drinker:
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

:drinker: Congratulations!!! I bet you feel amazing right now! When I read this post this morning, all I could do was smile!
    :heart: Christina
  • christina31
    Options
    No running again this morning. The baby was still fighting a fever and was up and down all night. Fever broke so tomorrow's another day. I'm trying to stay positive, so I keep telling myself that "I'm only 26, if I can't run today, it's just one day. There is always the chance for tomorrow." This mentality should work as long as I stay away from "someday." As Kechie so aptly put it, "Someday is not a day of the week." I think that today I'll be working on some powersculpting, and I may get out the biggest loser cardiomax. I love Bob! Talked to the hubby earlier, and if the rain holds off, we are taking the kids to grandma's after work just so that we can run!

Congrats to all of those running today!
    :heart: Christina
  • christina31
    Options

Please don't say you need a life. If you do, that means that I do too! I don't even get the chance to run everyday, but I always wake up ready to hit the computer just to pull up this thread and read everyone's success stories. Maybe it's an addiction...do you think they have counseling groups for people like us?