Aaaargh!

ironmule2042
ironmule2042 Posts: 103
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
I had only 5 lbs to go to reach my goal. Only 5 lbs!!!

I got complacent and my old eating habits slowly came back. I even knew it was happening but that evil part of me kept saying your so close. You can give yourself a break. At first I didn't listen but eventually I gave in. Now I'm 12 lbs from my original goal and I'm pissed and disappointed with myself for letting it happen.

As of yesterday I'm back on my old program.

I WILL track everything I eat!
I WILL exercise!
I WILL avoid eating the 'delicious' junk foods!
I WILL have the willpower to control my portion sizes.
I WILL prepare my lunches and not eat microwave meals!
I WILL avoid take-out!
I WILL stop drinking soda (it was diet soda)
I WILL drink more water!
I WILL reach my goal!

Okay I just needed to get that off my chest...

Replies

• ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    you are so close and you can do it. I know this will work.
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Stay the course & focus on moving forward & you'll get there. Looking back will do you no good.
    And...Don't be too hard on yourself. You ARE NOT the only one!:flowerforyou:
  • 4everm3
    4everm3 Posts: 22
    Lovin the (I WILL) you did it the first time and you can do it again! just think you know how is feels to give in. so that should help your this time! at least you stopped yourself before you put on way more then you wanted to. I was down to a sz 13 and was doing great and I got sick then lazy and went back up to a 18/20! now I am back at it again and (I WILL) not let it go. Best of luck to you!
  • agkurylo
    agkurylo Posts: 3 Member
    It's a lifestyle change more than eating different!
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    I'm right there with you on this. I got complacent about two weeks before I went on vacation. I gained 5 lbs back and now it's hard to get back in the routine. I am starting with the food and water this week and will add more exercise next week. Gotta get those last 5 (oops, make that 10) pounds off.
This discussion has been closed.