Polar F4 or F6

Options
OK ladies..... I have worked it out to where I am 99.9% sure that I can swing getting the heart rate monitor...............

Quesion is... F4 or F6.

If you have either, what do you like/dislike?

If you had to buy it all over again would you still buy the F4 or F6?

The F4 I've found online for 89.95... the F6 109.95........

Is the difference worth the extra $20?

I am sure i wont use all the bells & whistles on it........ I really only want it to tell me how many calories I'm burning. So which would you recommend I get?

Replies

• tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    OK ladies..... I have worked it out to where I am 99.9% sure that I can swing getting the heart rate monitor...............

Quesion is... F4 or F6.

If you have either, what do you like/dislike?

If you had to buy it all over again would you still buy the F4 or F6?

The F4 I've found online for 89.95... the F6 109.95........

Is the difference worth the extra $20?

I am sure i wont use all the bells & whistles on it........ I really only want it to tell me how many calories I'm burning. So which would you recommend I get?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    *Al puts on his best ladies voice*

Hi Tanz

I personally have the F11 all i use mine for is calorie counting, it has other stuff but at the mo i ain't using it.

I'm not 100% but i think the F6 comes with a chest strap and the F4 does not, someone else will comfirm this i'm sure... If this is the case, the question is do you want a chest strap or not?

Something for you to check is whether both watchers are waterproof...

Al
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    See the thread from yesterday titled QUESTION that I started. I was wondering the same thing, and I think we've decided the F6 is worth the extra. I'll try and find and bump up the thread.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Should have said ladies and GENTS.... (but that was a very nice high pitched voice you had there!).

I'll look for that thread from yesterday!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

I'll look for that thread from yesterday!

I bumped it!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i have a heart monitor different brand. my sister has the f6 and she loves :heart: hers. while looking into it before buying her cardiologist recommended one with a chest strap it gets the best readings. one where you can enter your weight and age and other personal info. you will get the most right on readings. wearing mine on my treadmill there is a 100 or more caloried difference. the treadill says i burn less than the h/r monitor says.
    you won't regret getting one. i got mine at a place called "play it again sports" it's a used sporting goods store. this was a model no longer sold in stores. retailed over $100 i paid $50. walmart is also carrying the polar models too. don't think they have the f6 at least mine doesn't. target may even carry them. it would be cheaper than a sporting goods store.
    hope this helps.
    chipper