Vanity Weight Loss

Options
TubbsMcGee
TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
Hey MFP'ers!

I'm new here. I'm basically now in maintenance mode, and just looking to stay at the weight I'm at.

I'm in a healthy weight range, and was before I started losing weight.

This isn't a diet for me, it's a lifestyle change. I plan on eating healthy, home cooked, whole foods for the rest of my life along with always trying to get as much exercise as I can squeeze into my week!

I was wondering if there's anyone else out there who is trying or has already lost weight that was purely for vanity purposes--that is, not needing to lose any weight for medical reasons or because you were overweight.

Feel free to add me, I love to meet new people :)

Replies

• daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi TubbsMcGee, I was just wandering..... You're such a beautiful girl/young lady. Have you ever had a weight problem? Doesn't really matter, just curious. Anyway, many of us will have to be in maintenance mode one day, so while I trying to lose weight, I'm trying to come up with and use flavorful receipes to keep it interesting. Maybe you can share some too.
  • TubbsMcGee
    Options
    Yes.

I've never been overweight in my life, but in high school I developed an unhealthy relationship with food. I've been in "recovery" for the past couple years, but I'm here to track my calories and journal everything to make sure I don't slip up like old times!

I'm not necessarily looking for others here who've had a similar past, but I would like to know just HOW others here are maintaining their weights (I just got to my goal weight less than 2 months ago--don't worry, I'm in a healthy weight range, and my doctors are happy with where I am!)

Daniran, I'd absolutely LOVE to share recipes with you! Are you just counting calories, or are you watching your carbs/sugar/sodium/fat levels, too?
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You should change your name from Tubbs mcgee to something like Lookin good mcgee.... or hottie mcgee.... lol
  • TubbsMcGee
    Options
    Teehee!

Thanks, teachparents :D You just made my day :flowerforyou:

and ohmygoodness I love your pugs!!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    re: pugs.. thanks! we love them too. the little tiny fawn is the mother of big fat black one... too funny... we are moving to a farm next month will be interesting to see how they adjust to being farm dogs..lol