How do you carry your iPod/keys while running?

Options

Replies

• bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    To run outside I use a running belt I got a long time ago from http://www.fuelbelt.com/ . I later went to a running store and got a pouch that connects to the belt. The belt is strechy and will stay in place. I used it when I trainded for a marathon. Convinent for carriny water or gatorade. Also carried in the pouch extra protein packs when you go over 1 1/2 hour or so.

Get an Ipod shuffle. Holds plenty of songs, very light weight and has built in clip you can clip anywhere.
  • dojimmy
    Options
    I use a FlipBelt. Best purchase I've ever made for carrying your small items. Nothing moves and you can fit a lot a lot! I do wind sprints and if nothing moves or rattles doing that, than it should work during a jog. You can look at www.flipbelt.com if you are interested.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I hold my phone in my hand! I often jump around with music and fiddle with it while running. If it's raining, I use a ziplock bag. If I get sick of holding it, I am usually wearing a pullover shell that has pockets that I'll shove it into. The pullovers have clips for keychains, too.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I carry my phone (that I play my music through) in my pocket as well as my keys. Even when I'm wearing my hydration belt, that has room for the phone, I keep the phone in my pocket. The keys will move to the hydration belt though.

When I do races with no hydration belt, I take only my car key off my key ring and I actually put it under the sweatband in my hat along the side of my head since I know there's no way for it to fall out from there.
  • Deebautista
    Deebautista Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use a hydration backpack; it holds my keys, phone, asthma pump and of course my water!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid dog walker/jogger with my furbabies... so I need to keep at least 2 or 3 dog poop bags with me. So - last christmas, my husband bought me a small back fannypac / hip bag. It's awesome. I think he got it at the mall at, like, Champ sports or Big 5 or one of those places... It's the perfect size to keep a house key, poo baggies, a small flashlight (we walk at 5am while its still dark here) a travel tissues pack and my iphone.

For a quick outing, though... I typically tuck the iphone in top left-hand size of my sports bra. I've got a pair of bluetooth wireless headphones (which I totally recomment! They're awesome!) so I don't have to fight with any cords.

But for days that we go out for a good hour walk/jog - I always take the fanny pack and slide it around so the bulge is behind me.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I use a FlipBelt. Best purchase I've ever made for carrying your small items. Nothing moves and you can fit a lot a lot! I do wind sprints and if nothing moves or rattles doing that, than it should work during a jog. You can look at www.flipbelt.com if you are interested.

Holy Crap. Why did I not think of that first!!!! Hello X-Mas present 2012...
  • surfmonkey17
    surfmonkey17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a Nike+ armband, which I love. My only complaint is it doesn't have a keyholder, so I tie my key into my shoelaces and then tuck it into my shoe laces so it doesn't flop around (and of course double tie!).
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I put my key in my bra, and usually just carry my ipod. (Mostly because I'm incredibly indecisive with music). That could get annoying for most people, though. Would definitely recommend an armband.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Depending on the distance, I use a SpiBelt (if I'm not carrying water) or an iFitness belt (If I am carrying water). Both zipper pockets with room for iPhone/Pod, keys, kleenex, a gel or two, etc.
  • surfmonkey17
    surfmonkey17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

For a quick outing, though... I typically tuck the iphone in top left-hand size of my sports bra. I've got a pair of bluetooth wireless headphones (which I totally recomment! They're awesome!) so I don't have to fight with any cords.

Be careful if you sweat a lot! I ruined my iPod doing this. I sweat a lot when working out and the moisture finally started shorting it out. I can no longer use the rewind or pause buttons and there are now some lines at the top of the screen. Only happened after I started tucking it into my bra.
  • ZhayneRaye
    Options
    I stick it in my sporty sometimes but other wise in my jacket pocket
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My shorts have a spot on the butt that is just big enough for a few keys. Kind of annoys me that I'm jangling as a I go down the street... but i get over it.

Also, if you carry water, most of the hand held water bottles, or waist packs have little pockets in them.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    One of the perks of weight loss.... LOTS of extra cargo room in the sports bra!

Police grade pepper spray
    mp3 player (I get the oddest looks when I need to skip a song and go digging, hm)

and keys (if I forgot the shoe wallet)
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Amphiopod micro - it can be remain as small as a single key and its like it doesnt exist, or stretches to hold my andriod phone in case,id, credit card, keys and a snack if i want - all and it stays in the small of my back and doesnt bounce...

http://www.amphipod.com/products/holders/day-of-race/airflow-microstretch-belt

They have them at REI for $20, amazon, etc.
  • echamin
    echamin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bootywrap.com

It's a bit pricey but I love it!
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I ended up ordering a SPIbelt (http://store.spibelt.com/Spibelt-p/spibeltparent1.htm). It has awesome reviews, hopefully it's as great as it's supposed to be, will see when it gets here in a couple weeks. Thanks again!

:heart: -- Juliet

I use a SPIbelt too. They're great!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I'm working on getting back into running regularly; I used to run 4 or 5 times a week but got lazy. Before I was running on a treadmill at a gym, so I just tossed my iPod in the treadmill's cup holder, easy. Now I'm going to be doing it outside, and I'm not sure how to carry my iPhone and keys. I've seen the armbands, of course, but have a few questions.

1. Are armbands the only option, or are there other (legbands, wastebands, etc.?)

2. Are there any that have space to carries keys as well?

3. Which one(s) do you personally recommend? The more inexpensive, the better, but I don't want to sacrifice quality, so I'm willing to pay more if there's something great.

And yes, I googled, but I'm a horrible googler and didn't find much, and want to hear people's personal opinions anyway.

Thanks!

:heart: -- Juliet

Honestly, I have an ipod classic and it goes right in between my DDD cups.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I like the armband best for my iPod.

I hide my keys in the gas tank. Just make sure no one is watching when you do it.:wink: