Question for the lady runners....

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I go commando.....only in black pants/capris/shorts so the sweat does not show....gross I know but it really is the most comfortable and then nothing crawls up your bum!!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    What is VPL?
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    What is VPL? Stands for Visible Panty Line.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have three primary options depending on how hot it is out:

If I'm in running tights, I wear my Patagonia Active hipsters. They don't move. EVER!

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/patagonia-womens-active-hipster?p=32407-0-367

If it is hot out, I wear the Nike running shorts with the panty built in (Can I just say that I LOVE these? I haven't had a running wedgie in months! Chub Rub? That's a different story!)

Or, I go commando.
  • LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Options
    do you have Bonds brand where you live? i wear the cotton, really unsexy sport undies from them...dont really care about the VPL to be honest when i'm running, so long as they dont ride up my *kitten*....i look like a hot mess anyway, when i'm sweating and red in the face, the VPL is really the least of my worries!
  • ejha77
    ejha77 Posts: 63
    Options

If I'm in running tights, I wear my Patagonia Active hipsters. They don't move. EVER!

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/patagonia-womens-active-hipster?p=32407-0-367
    I've just Googled these to see if we can get them in the UK, as they sound like just what I'm after, but they're £24 per pair! That's about $30ish. Is that right?
  • yrflores
    yrflores Posts: 3
    Options
    I confess that I go commando. It's only in the last year or so that I've started doing this. I figured that all of my running shorts and skirts have panties or shorts attached, and it just seemed like undies added an unnecessarily sweaty layer that I had to peel off. My husband is shocked ('cuz I never go commando any other time) but I'm happier with less on.
  • Flyntiggr
    Options

I've just Googled these to see if we can get them in the UK, as they sound like just what I'm after, but they're £24 per pair! That's about $30ish. Is that right?

You can find them on sale at different sites. I think I saw some ot this style on clearance in other colors for $12 US. I've found them at REI, Backcountry.com, and Sierra Trading Post. I actually bought them for back packing and hiking trips as they can double as bikini bottoms if we find a nice waterfall, and dry very quickly without the 'butt itch' like cotton panties.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    COTTON BLOOMERS aka GRANNY PANNIES!! I HATE Thongs, will NEVER wear them.....
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    Cotton is hte worst though! Doesn't wick anything away and WILL cause chafing!
  • ejha77
    Options
    Thanks; I'll keep an eye out. They sound like just the thing.
  • ejha77
    Options
    Found some (in rather bright colours!) for much less already (£13). And while I'm asking complete strangers about their underwear :laugh:, are the boy shorts from the same range any good?
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    I've not tried them. I have chubby inner thighs, so the boy shorts don't work for me. all they do is roll up and turn into a big uncomfortable rubber-band around the top of my thighs! ;)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have been using USA pro, but they are a bit big for me now, so have got some X bionics i am going to try tomorrow.
  • ejha77
    Options
    I've not tried them. I have chubby inner thighs, so the boy shorts don't work for me. all they do is roll up and turn into a big uncomfortable rubber-band around the top of my thighs! ;)
    Actually, I think the same would happen to me so I might give them a miss!
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Same thing happens to me. That's why I can never wear boy shorts undies... Or shorts in general, unless they're actual men's shorts.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    VPL - visible pantie lines - how funny. I learn so many interesting things on this site! Guess I'm a grannie too - I just want to be comfortable. Run faster and all they see is a blur anyway!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    LOL! I'm loving all the responses ladies, thank you! Comfort won out for my run tonight and I went with the granny panties, hee! I'm gonna give commando a shot though, and see if that's even comfier, since now I know it's fairly common! I don't think I could run in a thong... I tried once and I just kept thinking about the wad of fabric in my butt crack the whole time!