For those of you who bring lunches to work - Give me a list

Options
I'm looking to expand my horizons!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Baggie of Strawberry Shredded wheat
    1 container of Yogurt (Greek or Yoplait)
    cucumbers
    good seasons salad dressing fat free
    Pita bread
    Hummus
    Veggies for the pita such as onions or red peppers
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Some times I bring a grocery bag of frozen lean cuisines and keep them in our freezer at work, its cheap and easy to keep track of your calories that way. If you pack enough you won't have to worry about lunches for the rest of the week.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Todays lunch
    Carrot sticks
    Apple
    Garden Salad w 2 tbsp of Great Value Lite Italian
    2 hard boiled eggs
    2 oz. cheese
  • danalaurel
    Options
    salad with cucumber, peppers, cilantro, and rice vinegar

chobani champions greek yogurt with banana and 1 tbsp granola
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    Today I brought a whole wheat soft taco size tortilla and filled it with a quarter cup of white rice, some black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes with green chilies. YUM!
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like casseroles or loaves of something that I can make on Sunday and keeps all week. My faves are zucchini casserole with brown rice, egg, and cheese or veggie meatloaf with mushrooms, lentils, nuts, onions and spices.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    I make a southwestern type of salad - salad mix, tomatoes, cucs, avocado, black beans, veggie burger & salsa for dressing.
    veggie burger wrap - light flat out wrap, veggie burger, hummus, lettuce mix, sprouts
    mushroom barley soup (need a good container to avoid spills!)
    i'm still experimenting with this whole part time veggie thing so hopefully others post some good ideas :)

and I try to avoid prepackaged meals as they tend to hide too much sodium....

Good Luck!
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wrap made with flatout light, lots of romaine, red onions, and various protein (tuna, turkey, or grilled chicken strips), no sauce - the lettuce makes it moist enough. Might sprinkle a little gorgonzola on it. Yoplait fiber one yogurt for mid afternoon, light string cheese for mid morning, maybe a small piece of fruit or some celery and pepper strips to eat after wrap at lunchtime. About 400 calories for the whole work day.
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Orange
    Banana
    Apple

Tuna w/ FF Mayo and Celery
    1/2 Whole Wheat Pita
    Chicken Breast
    High Protein Yogurt (like chobani)

Kashi High Protein Ceral (every other day)
    Whole Wheat Bagel
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Some of my selection includes: Smart ones or lean quisine meal, Salads, sandwich with 90 calories for 2 slices of bread and lean meats, fruits, veggies, leftover piece of chicken or leftover smaller portion of a meal, jello or yogurt, nuts, skinny cow cheese, bagel things with fat free cream cheese.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Homemade sandwiches so you can easily count the correct amount of calories along with a fruit or a no sugar added fruit cup or applesauce and a steamed veg. Raw veggies are better but I can't eat them so this is the best alternative, usually carrots. I use whole wheat breads with min of light mayo and/or mustard and a lean meat, just make sure you keep the slices to the listed serving size so it is easy to enter info MFP. Salads are also good and easy, just watch the dressing the calories and sodium can be high, if a regular (not light or fat free) I go with a 1/2 serving.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    1. Leftovers!
    2. Roasted Mediterranean Veggies (recipe to follow)
    3. Homemade soups (I periodically make soups all day and can them on my days off- email me if you want recipes)
    4. Quinoa with veggies
    5. fresh fruit--usually apple, orange, or clementine.

Roasted Mediterranean Veggies recipe
    Makes 6 servings
    1 lb okra (fresh or frozen), sliced
    5 oz fresh tomatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks (you can substitute a second red pepper if you wish)
    1 large fresh red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
    1/4 lb onion, chopped
    2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 375.

Rinse and slice okra into a large bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss to coat.

Chop the rest of the vegetables, and place into the bowl on top of the okra; toss to mix well

Place all of your vegetables into a large roasting pan. Add water, drizzle olive oil; Mix well to coat.

Place uncovered in preheated oven and bake for 60-90 minutes, tossing occasionally.
  • nikkigiesige
    Options
    I am big on lean cuisines and smart ones!! But I also like making fresh fruit bowls (banana/strawberry/melon/kiwi/grapes) which is very filling & healthy!! Or make up a salad and bring some pre cooked chicken breast to add to it. Or make a batch of veggie soup and bring that!!
  • BrooksCry
    BrooksCry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bring Yogurts, VitaTops, granola bars for snacks and lunch I always have Amy's Kitchen meals and Burrito's, frozen SteamFresh veggies...if you got a microwave zap them up and they are ready to go!!
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I buy lean cuisine & weight watcher frozen meals to leave @ work in addition to dinner leftovers. I eat lots of stir-fry, soups 2, Popchips, string cheese, subway, albacore. :drinker:
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    This is my usual lunch box:

Breakfast: bread for toast/ PB// made at home shake (with protein powder, milk and frozen fruit)
    Morning snack: fruit
    Lunch: leftover from last dinner, frozen vegetable with cottage cheese and pepper, a can of tuna, salad created by how i'm inspired and what's in the fridge.
    Afternoon snack: vegetables// a piece of cheese

I try to plan in when I go grocery shopping.
  • precious71701
    Options
    Im a snacker during the day, so I bring stuff like apples, grapes, bananas, crackers, chips, turkey/ham slices, sometimes a turkey sandwich on wheat, tuna/crackers, progresso soups
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Thin deli turkey on two slices of wheat breat, one slice of low fat cheese, and exactly 1 TBS of mayo
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    grapes or an apple
    baby carrots
    1 square of dark chocolate

That's a typical work lunch. Topping the cottage cheese with grapes is VERY delicious and surpriding very filling. I used to bring yogurt, but got tired of logging all that sugar and found cottage cheese to have a lot less of it.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Today's lunch -
    2 oz Great Value chicken in the can
    1/2 cup berries -[bag of berries in work freezer]
    2 cups of mixed field greens
    2 tablespoons balsalmic

to pair with
    half a sweet potato [keep the truvia, cinnamon and nutmeg at work to sprinkle on top
    1/2 cup spinach from last night

---wonderful lunch and I feel fantastic!!! -- 212 calories is all
    [water to drink]

I bring my stuff for the week or bag it for the week at home and eat like this daily!!!! :drinker:
  • terrijean04
    terrijean04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast and lunch at work I start at 5 am...
    breakfast is usually cold cereal or instant oatmeal with fruit
    snack is yogurt with handful of almonds inside
    lunch is always salad w/ chicken or turkey
    and cliff barr just before I go home so I have energy to workout