Looking for samples of a daily food log

Options
I am new, and considered to be a healthy eater. After survivng Leukemia, I am simply changing my menus to eat less meats (all) and more veggies, including replacing the meats with veggies in recipes, not just as side dishes.I am searching for recipes or websites or suggestions that can help me to do this. My 5-7 daily recipes are getting boring,
Oh, and yippee to everyone on this site! We ALL need each other!

Replies

• scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com is a great site. You can go and put in what ingrediants you want to use and any you want to avoid and they will give you recipes that meet what you're looking for.
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    I love meat so would have a seriously hard time giving it up but, the Morning Star products are good. I have made chili with their crumbles instead of ground beef and you would never know the difference. Having things like hummus and raw carrot sticks is always a good choice. I honestly prefer raw snap beans to cooked and will have those as a snack.

Good luck!!!

Sue
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    Completely agree with allrecipes.com being a great resource. I use them a lot!!! I have some healthy recipe apps on my phone that have come in very handy as well.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to eat too much meat so my diary may be of help to you. It's open so feel free to browse - the last few days (excluding today) are typical for me :smile:
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com is a great site. You can go and put in what ingrediants you want to use and any you want to avoid and they will give you recipes that meet what you're looking for.

My fiance and I use this site a lot. It is very convenient, especially if you want to try to use certain ingredients. It will tell you what extra ingredients you need if you are close to having everything.
  • moondanza
    moondanza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Darmy,

Have you tried Quorn? I have just tried quorn mince for the first time and it was pretty good. I made bolognese and I always add mixed frozen veg to get added flavour. I made a big batch and then take it for lunch, its a great money saver as well.

Cheers :)
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't eat alot of meat either just to keep my cholesterol in check. I try to eat fish a couple time s a week and whole grain pastas. Take a look at Kraft Foods.com for a variety of recipes, also, Better Homes and Gardens!
  • darlenerennie
    Options
    ooh, not heard of it. :smile:
    I will look for it. Thank you for the recipe idea. Stay tuned!
  • darlenerennie
    Options
    Thank you for replyng to my post. I am hyped to go do some exploring at the grocery store.