Walking

Options
Since my husband and I have started our weight loss program on Monday, we have been taking about 30 minutes a night to do some walking. We have now done it for the last 3 days which has been a goal for us. We have enjoyed doing it together. Tonight will be tough though. He is going out with one of the leaders in our church for his birthday, he is going to have him go to Applebee's, at least there he can get a weight watchers meal. But I'm going to go walk on my own and it will be weird not having him with me. I guess I will just use my sons MP3 player, but it just wont be the same. I know, I'm a whiner.:sad: Anyway, I just wanted to say that I can tell a difference in myself, not physically but I just feel better.

Thanks for letting me whine!!! :smile:

Steph

Replies

• stephi92569
    Options
    Since my husband and I have started our weight loss program on Monday, we have been taking about 30 minutes a night to do some walking. We have now done it for the last 3 days which has been a goal for us. We have enjoyed doing it together. Tonight will be tough though. He is going out with one of the leaders in our church for his birthday, he is going to have him go to Applebee's, at least there he can get a weight watchers meal. But I'm going to go walk on my own and it will be weird not having him with me. I guess I will just use my sons MP3 player, but it just wont be the same. I know, I'm a whiner.:sad: Anyway, I just wanted to say that I can tell a difference in myself, not physically but I just feel better.

Thanks for letting me whine!!! :smile:

Steph
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do to help when I go out on my own... be curious! Walk, but let yourself get distracted by other stuff outside. Look at flowers. Watch a bug fly around and follow it. Just wander.

The important part is being up and moving - get lost in the experience and next thing you know you'll be up for an hour and a half and the time will have flown by. The coolest part of the outside world is all the cool stuff in it :smile:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Also, please remember to bring a cell phone in case of emergency since you will be on your own. Safety first!!!

You may enjoy it; when I walk by myself I find it to be a good time to be contemplative. It is relaxing.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    It's a great time to reflect and think about your goals. You are dreading it now, but you'll be happy after the walk...I promise! You go girl!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    :happy: I walked last night with my 16 yo son. 40 minutes at 3 mph, and we talked the whole way. He's great, because his energy never flags, so he kept me going longer than we intended to but it's ALL good! I enjoy my MP3 player too, but I love having that time with him.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    It's amazing the things that you miss when you walk with someone, walking alone, I notice things I've never seen before. And it's a great time to think!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I love walking alone... I take my ipod and just go! I find that I walk much faster when I am by myself listening to upbeat music.
  • stephi92569
    Options
    It will be good thinking time for me. I appreciate everyone's comments. Maybe I will just go out, get lost in the moment and just enjoy the scenery.
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I enjoy walking by myself. I take my hands free set and call my family that is out of state. You'd be amazed on how easy it is to walk longer then your sister is going on and on.. :laugh: Only time I can hear her. Gotta love a house full of kids. :tongue:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    It will be good thinking time for me. I appreciate everyone's comments. Maybe I will just go out, get lost in the moment and just enjoy the scenery.
    Just make sure you don't love it too much, you'll have to leave hubby at home from now on lol!!