Woops!

Options
I wanted to try a new recipe I saw Anne Burrell make on the Food Network. It happened to be panna cotta. And then I made the mistake of eating it before calculating calories.

980 calories in that thing!!! It's mostly made of heavy cream, which I figured would be similar in calories to milk... but I was WRONG!!!

Dang it! I'm so mad at myself! :mad:

Definitely have to do a couple of extra workouts today to work that off! :sad:

Replies

• PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Don;t be mad at yourself educating yourself is part of the journey! try logging in the cals before you make/eat something so you know what you are getting yourself into!
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I felt one day at work when it was treat day. How bad can a donut hole be (or two or three)? When I went to log it in, turns out it was 70 calories....EACH! Yikes! I was so mad at myself! They seem so small, so harmless, how can a few be 210 calories???

I didn't gain 5 pounds for eating it, and moving forward, I know. Don't get too upset about it...it happens! :wink:
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    just kidding just saw you realized that lol. also try to think of other things that aren't so good for you that contain those ingredients. Like heavy cream is in whipped cream which is a definite diet no no!
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Everyone makes mistakes now and then. As long as you don't beat yourself up about it and go off track, you'll be fine.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think the mindless eating is my worst habit. Or just assuming something can't be THAT bad.

Watching the Food Network as often as I do probably isn't the best idea, either, but I really love cooking and experimenting and trying new foods...