My Mother-in-law noticed!!!!OMG

Options
Okay I have only lost 13lbs but the other day my mother in law said"have you lost more weight?" I love my mother in law but coming from her that is a HUGE compliment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My husband also says he can see a difference..........HOW COME I DON'T SEE A DIFFERENCE YET?

LOL.....I also said to my mother in law......you should check out myfitnesspal.com.....Was that being rude????? NAHHHHHHHHH

Jokingly with lots of love!

Replies

• ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    Okay I have only lost 13lbs but the other day my mother in law said"have you lost more weight?" I love my mother in law but coming from her that is a HUGE compliment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My husband also says he can see a difference..........HOW COME I DON'T SEE A DIFFERENCE YET?

LOL.....I also said to my mother in law......you should check out myfitnesspal.com.....Was that being rude????? NAHHHHHHHHH

Jokingly with lots of love!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    you dont see it because you look at yourself everyday. congrats on the compliments, belive it or not my mother in law is my biggest supporter in everyway. loooove her to pieces
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    congrats. wow that's a great accomplishment 13 lbs in 1 month. i know, it's sad that we don't see a difference but others do.
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That is so great. 13 pounds in a month. I need to come live with you. :laugh:
  • ShellyBee
    Options
    I am truly just being funny. I love my mother in law to bits. She is very supportive and loves me dearly. Before finding this site, I tried to convince her to get a membership at the gym with me but our schedules just couldn't really make it work.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 and I still fell like I look the same also.
    The only thing that I notice that my clothes are getting a bit baggy.
    It is true like someone said. You dont notice because you see yourself everyday.
    I take pictures..I took one right after the baby then I took one the other day and that is when I noticed a difference....
    It feels so good when other people close to you notice.
    It gives me more motivation.
    Congrats to you!
  • ShellyBee
    Options
    My weight loss for the first 2 weeks was 12lbs, it is coming off a lot slower now about 1lb a week. I eat the number of calories mfp tells me and I do approx. 30 minutes 2x a day on my treadmill and we walk as a family in the evenings after supper every night. I am although in desperate need of a new treadmill mine has been over heating and shutting down after 26minutes this is getting very frustrating.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thats really awesome!! Ive lost just over 20lbs now and everyone is noticing but me. But when I look at old pics I can see a difference. Great job!! Thats awesome! :bigsmile:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss. :flowerforyou:

And don't worry about you not seeing it, I'm sure that your clothes are fitting different. We have an image of ourselves in our minds, and for some reason every time we look in the mirror, we see that same image of ourselves. What I would suggest is to clear your mind completely, stand in front of the mirror and slowly look at every part of your body, don't think of it as looking at yourself, think of it as looking at someone else so that your old image doesn't pop into your head. Believe me, with 13 pounds gone something has changed. Think of a 5 pound can of Crisco...you have loss almost three of those off your body, something has changed. Until I started doing this, I was seeing my old self in the mirror every time...even with 60 pounds gone.

My best friend told me to do this, and what she said is we have images of ourselves stuck in our heads, why is it you think that these men with huge beer bellies think they look like they did in high school. :laugh:

Great job everyone on the weight loss.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That's awesome when other people notice!!!!!! Gives you that extra boost to keep chuggin' on!
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Terrific progress, I'm sure you're just too close to it to see the changes. The fact that others do should be all you need to know you are succeeding! I'm looking forward to the day I can post something similar but it'll be awhile; 13 pounds lost on me is like throwing a deck chair from the Titanic! :laugh:

Congrats, keep up the good work! Mike