My body aches, got to get back in shape somehow

borichfan
borichfan Posts: 208 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
I used to exercise regularly i did cardio every morning and weight training & strength training 3 or 4 days per week. Then i got lazy by sitting in front of the computer so much, that i gave up my exercising all together. I have not exercised much in about 3 years or so. I will be 48 years old next month and i am 70 lbs overweight, and my hips and legs hurt. I can hardly squat. I think the reason for that is because lack of exercise. My body is like its screaming for exercise. I feel like i am getting stiff from lack of exercise. I feel like i need to do some strength training and weight training to feel better. I need cardio too, i need to lose weight. I would like to lose about 60 or 70 lbs. Should i pick up with my exercise where i left off by doing cardio in the morning and weight and strength training in the afternoons? or should i just try to do cardio for awhile to burn calories and lose weight & add training later? or should i just try doing training and t try to loosen my stiff body up & add cardio later? I feel so out of shape and i'm hurting.

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    I would start by walking... get the body used to moving then add things in later when you are comfortable with it. You don't want to do too much too fast...
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    START SLOWLY!! If your body has been inactive for a while you cant just start again where you left off!

Start with SIMPLE things. - Walking, swimming, gentle cross trainer will help you get moving again without burdening your joints too much. Drink heaps of water. You may need to start flushing our a heap of toxins that have accumulated, once they are moving then your body will feel better.

Dont try and do too much too soon. You CAN go back to where you were - I am proving that now. But injury risk, let alone demotivation by actually realising how little you can do compared to what you could is too high to just jump in and expect to do the same thing today.

Xx Good luck!
  • Hi, whatever you do, do something. Anything is going to be good for you. I've started the 30 day shred and I hurt like heck for the first 2 days. Done day 5 and the pain is gone (but it's still hard work!) Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    I agree with the people above. Start slowly, get your body back to being use to moving. Walking, swimming, gardening all work. The biggest loser power walk is a good DVD to try. It has levels and the first one is easy to do.
This discussion has been closed.