Slimming World?!

Options
Hi Guys,

Has anybody done Slimming World? What sort of success or tips do you have? A friend of mine has lost 1/2 stone in 2 weeks so I'm going to my first meeting tomorrow!

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
V.

Replies

• gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it.
    Googled it and it doesn't look like it's available in the US.
  • Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A few family members have done it in the past with varying sucess but they've never stuck with it and they regained (but that was due to poor eating habits) its always worth giving it a go.
    For the non english, slimming world is like weightwatchers and if I remember correctly they did red days and green days. (meat and veg days) you alternated the days and each day had food you could have as much as you wanted of, some food that you could have limited amounts of and some food you couldn't have. If you couldn't have something one day you could have it the next. I think deserts were given points or something. However all that is from memory and I was young at the time just having a nosey in peoples books so I could be wrong on the info
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i know loads of people who have lost a lot of weight with it. however, i dont really like there eat all you want policy! doesnt make sense to me! you cant eat as much pasta as you want and then wonder why u cant lose the last few pounds! my friend lost loads initially then plataeued! since i found mfp i dont really want to have to pay someone to tell me to weigh myself or eat right!