COFFEE ???

Options
Okay I am just wondering what everyone else does in regards to coffee.
I have heard that it is good to cut out the coffee for weight loss but.......

I have 3 kids and I do daycare so I have 5 kids running around here all day long. I start everyday with 2-3 cups of coffee, and I have 2 cups with my husband while dinner is cooking everynight.

I don't really want to forego on the coffee, I have almost been treating it like my little daily treat. It gives me that little bit of sugary sweat that I kinda need.

What do you all think about coffee? Would I be better off without it?

My coffee consists of a small mug with 1 1/2 sugar and a bit of 2% milk?

Replies

• ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options

I have 3 kids and I do daycare so I have 5 kids running around here all day long. I start everyday with 2-3 cups of coffee, and I have 2 cups with my husband while dinner is cooking everynight.

I don't really want to forego on the coffee, I have almost been treating it like my little daily treat. It gives me that little bit of sugary sweat that I kinda need.

• GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

I still have my coffee! lol I can't seem to do without it!
  • Christine30412
    Options
    I don't see why it would cause any problems with weight loss. I use Splenda flavorings for coffee, they are delicious and they are no calories. I also used lite powdered creamer which is less than 10 calories per serving.
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    can't live without it :) i just try to make sure i'm still drinking lots of water in addition to my cup of coffee.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I think the key with coffee is to not have TOO much caffeine in general. I usually have one cup (cup being a pretty good sized pottery barn mug! hehe) every morning. I used to have it with sweetener and cream, but I recently cut out cream and have it black with a little splenda. I started a new trick of putting a little ground cinnamon in the coffee grounds and it gives it a really nice flavor!! MM!!!

But, just make sure you watch other forms of caffeine during the day and get plenty of water as caffeine can dehydrate you....but as far as cutting it out completely, I don't think that is necessary. I have been drinking coffee all along since September and am down 99 lbs...sooo *shrug*.....that is proof right there!! :wink:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options

well for me.. I don't cut out my coffee.. its the one thing that keeps me going every day! I have two kids and babysit a very high maintenaince 11 month old so I know what you mean..I would go crazy if I didn't sound my mornings out with a little caffiene.. I drink 2 cups a day with splenda a french vanilla creamer ..I think of it more as my sanity than daily treat hahahaa!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cups every morning with some sugar free creamer. Refuse to give it up! I quit smoking:smokin: , tanning:glasses: , fast food:love: , and cut WAY back on drinking alcohol:drinker: , but I REFUSE to give up caffine. 2 cups coffee and 2 cans diet pop daily.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i will never give up coffee!!!!!:noway: :noway: :noway:

from what i understand its the caffiene that is bad but if you supplement it with water i think its fine.

i switched to sugar free hazelnut creamer with 1 packet of spenda. and if i have coffee at night then i do decaf most of the time
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    I used to drink coffee every morning because I used to have to get up at 3am Monday through Friday. But once I stopped that early morning nightmare, I actually stopped drinking coffee. On occasion now I enjoy an ice coffee. I was having a little problem with caffiene, so I needed to stop drinking it.

I did come across a few sites with information about coffee and like everything else, moderation.

http://scienceline.org/2008/06/09/ask-stern-coffee/

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/coffee.htm

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/is-coffee-bad-for-your-health.html

:drinker: :smokin:
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    I still have coffe once or twice a day and it hasn't affected me, but I also drink plenty of water throughout the day. Coffee isn't as bad as sodas with caffeine because in addition to the caffeine sodas have lots of sodium..
    I love my coffee in the mornings and I haven't seen a problem with it yet. :wink:
  • FletcherChic
    FletcherChic Posts: 158
    Options
    i have given up sooo many things in order to be healthy...fast food, junk food, soda, salt, sugary foods, real bread, real pasta, alcohol....so i refuse to give up my last little bit of heaven - coffee!!!! i have cut down from full caff to half-caff/half-decaff....and i use splenda and sugar-free vanilla creamer...i drink it throughout the day and it's a comfort food for me....i tried to go off completely but i was miserable - major headaches and i was a zombie by 3pm....in my opinion coffee is okay as long as you are drinking plenty of water and non-caffeinated fluids :drinker:
  • crazyantdee
    Options
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]77202.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Please Have your coffee. I have an icced coffee every morning I know it is 180 in cal. so I am willing to use My calories on that. If you have kids and are constantly running around your burning calories . Go ahead if that is what you want your calories to go to. Since starting this and it has been a week and a half I have a hard time consuming my calorie intake and the foods I eat do fill me up. I am amazed at how easy it is to watch what you eat by calorie counting.:flowerforyou:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I have cut WAY back on coffee this summer... I drink maybe 2 big mugs per week. I am a teacher so that will probably change to one per day once school starts again... I will need it to get through the day! :laugh:
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    If you're looking for ways to sweeten it without feeling so guilty .or just a little something different....a little bit of any kind of extract goes a loooooooong way! I like a tiny bit of almond extract in my coffee, but I know people who put vanilla, or ground cinnamon in it too. I loves my coffee!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I don't think coffee is the big concern, just caffeine in general. A few cups won't kill you and a few cans of soda are alright. Those monster gas station mugs full.....may be a slight alarm if you are fillin those up....some a few times a day....haha. Caffeine is a diuretic so it affects water levels. Just make sure you are getting in enough water throughout your day and you'll be fabulous.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cups every morning with some sugar free creamer. Refuse to give it up! I quit smoking:smokin: , tanning:glasses: , fast food:love: , and cut WAY back on drinking alcohol:drinker: , but I REFUSE to give up caffiene. 2 cups coffee and 2 cans diet pop daily.

DITTO EXACTLY :happy: (except my second can of soda a day is with dinner so I go caffeine free in order to be able to sleep at night!)
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    Sounds great. I do not drink soda and drink a lot of water so I should be good. I am glad to hear it's fine to keep the coffee in!YAY
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I still have coffe once or twice a day and it hasn't affected me, but I also drink plenty of water throughout the day. Coffee isn't as bad as sodas with caffeine because in addition to the caffeine sodas have lots of sodium..
    I love my coffee in the mornings and I haven't seen a problem with it yet. :wink:

About the soda part - about 35 mg of sodium in a soda. Not really "lots" in my opinion! 1 dill pickle slice far exceeds that!! But - YAY for coffee. I think I would be murdered by now if it wasn't for coffee LOL!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee everyday as well, I had to cut out the sugar and use fat free creamer, but will not give it up. :drinker:
  • mramig
    mramig Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Grad school and coffee are pretty much synonymous is my mind!

I did switch to using splenda and coffeemate lite powdered creamer (10 calories per tablespoon), which isn't as good as the hazelnut liquid creamer but it's waaayyyy lower in calories!