so you think all those artificial sweeteners are better?

Options

Replies

• blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    Good article. I used to use Splenda like a mad woman, found out the crap I was putting in my body then I switched to honey or Stevia. Thanks for putting this out there. Funny you just put this up. I commented on someones post about this topic not 5 minutes ago.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options

Nope, not putting that stuff in my body. Only truvia and agave. :flowerforyou: Thanks for the article!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    honey for the win, personally if I need one that is my choice.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just stopped using artificial sweeteners last week, after my dad had a heart attack and his dr told him it was bad for his heart. Its better to consume sugar in moderate levels, than that junk!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I usually use stevia, which is natural. But when I'm out, I have to use artificial if I order tea, etc. It sounds like it might be worth it just to drink sweetened tea with sugar... or duh...just order water!!!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Great article, tfs.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners, so it makes it easy. Honey is my go to.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    I usually use stevia, which is natural. But when I'm out, I have to use artificial if I order tea, etc. It sounds like it might be worth it just to drink sweetened tea with sugar... or duh...just order water!!!!
    if you have the choice use honey.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    It's a little off topic, but relevant. I actually used to be a big fan of those "Eat this, Not That" books until I got the kid's one and it actually promoted letting your kids use artificial sweeteners which really urked me. Surely a little bit of sugar is better than a weird laboratory chemical that your body doesn't know what to do with. Something just doesn't seem right about them, I try to limit my use of them and I've never given any to my kid.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Water!

My brother in law recently adjusted to drinking koolaid without sweeteners. Orange flavored, to be precise. I think it tastes gross but, well, at least he's not putting any extras in his body (except flavoring of course).

But really? Water. For the win.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was doing good drinking diet drinks...how wrong was I! And the artificial sweetners being sweeter than the real thing making me crave more!!!!! No wonder I love sugar so much! I've switched to Truvia and I've been doing well with it.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Nope, not putting that stuff in my body. Only truvia and agave. :flowerforyou: Thanks for the article!

I heard that agave is all processed? do you know if this is true? I have yet to research or try it.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    good article *S*
    i made the change in january to only using honey now if i need any sweetener.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Have to show this to my wife, she just laughs at me when I call all that artificial crap poison. Thanks for posting.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Nope. I know already to stay away from that crud.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    good article *S*
    i made the change in january to only using honey now if i need any sweetener.
    smart woman.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    very interesting... *sips coke through sugar free candy straw while inhaling sugar free jello* lol
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Everything is bad and evil and will kill you nowdays ....
    ive lost 50 pounds i drink diet soda
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    So...I should cut back on the Splenda hot-rails and instead just do lines of honey to get a good drip going? Damn.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    Everything is bad and evil and will kill you nowdays ....
    I disagree, I think the problem we face today with our modern diets is that we have become lazy and opt for the processed junk as opposed to plain natural foods. How many of us go grab that bag of chips or bag of cookies after a long day? I know I used to, but since I got my diet cleaned up and cut out about 90% of the processed foods I am much happier, healthier and very few cravings other than for the healthier stuff I eat.