Finally Introducing Myself After Months

Options
I've been signed up on here for months, yet I've not really used the site unfortunately. Today someone who I follow on Tumblr mentioned this site which lead me back over to it- thankfully! I've been using other methods to track my nutrition and exercise, but after downloading this app to my phone I realize I prefer it over my other method, and the support and encouragement that I'd imagine I'd find in this community will hopefully prove to be extremely valuable.

I'm Alex, BTW. I just recently turned 21 last Saturday. I started my journey to a fit and healthy lifestyle last May. The journey has been filled with ups and downs, differing turns and twists, and even getting off track completely. I had a lot to battle this past year that made it harder to stay on the right track, but I at least managed to do good enough to lose a little over 80 lbs since I set out on this journey.
It's just been recently that I've really started to refocus on my goals and being healthy. I had started very slowly, and reluctantly, getting back to being closer to on track near the end of February. Throughout March I continued to improve. Then on my birthday I had a realization about what's important to me. I realized that I need to get back to investing much more effort into my health than I had been lately. (Funny how a debate over whether to drink or not lead to me wanting to get back into fitness and nutrition full force).

So here I am, hoping to utilize this site for all it's worth. I'm still trying to figure out my exact goals since they've changed. I feel like I have a fresh start now on this journey. I'm ready for this new leg of the race to better health. I'm very close to a decent weight to maintain (I'm not sure of my goal weight, but I'm thinking it's within 15-20 lbs), and I'm wanting to work on building muscle and toning up, not to mention building stamina and endurance.
I want to learn as much as I possibly can from those of you who find themselves on the same journey as I am.

Feel free to drop me a message (or however communication works on this site). I'd love to get to know many of you and share encouragement and support.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

-Alex

P.S. - sorry for the length- I use too many words, and I tend to ramble. :/

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you back Alex!
  • tracyb1227
    Options
    Mfp is great way to stay motivated.....you will always have someone cheering for you on here.
  • weezielesa
    Options
    Welcome Alex. I am new here too. I started tracking about 2 weeks ago and just barely started using the message board yesterday. So far I love it. Everyone is great and very motivating. Hope you enjoy it. I am hoping it helps me to get and stay motivated as I fell off the exercise wagon a few years ago so I am looking for a new journey. I to have had ups and downs. Good luck in yours.
  • findingfreedom
    Options
    Hey Alex! :) Nice to meet you!
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Alex! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. This journey is much better with friends!